Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics micro receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:48 PM
DenverJayhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics micro receiver

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I'm in the market for a new radio and would like to get the RDS8000. Does the RDS8000 have any micro receivers available for park flyers? In looking at their website, it appears the micro receivers are still 72mhz, so I'm assuming no? I mainly fly nitro but would like to try a park flyer electric. The appeal of walking to the park two blocks away from the house after work is enticing. I like products from ParkZone, but I think they are mainly a Spectrum shop.

I know Parkzone has several BNF and RTF products. I'd like to get the RTF P-51D version and possibly retrofit it with an Airtronics compatible receiver (if one were available and if I were to purchase the RDS8000).

Would spectrum be the better choice for a wider range of applications? I'd like to get something to use with both my nitro models and a park flyer from time to time.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:38 AM
CustomPC

Default RE: Airtronics micro receiver

I read somewhere that they will have one out before the end of the year.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 AM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As stated above, they have one in development. I wouldn't put much stock in anyone's reporting about when it will be available, even Mike Greenshields from Hobby People, these things always seem to take longer than anyone thought.
The standard 8 ch Rx that comes with the radio is suprising small and light though.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:06 PM
blvdbuzzard

The stock 8 channel Rx is almost the size of a mini 6 channel Rx. I have used the stock 8 channel on my foamie. It is light enough as is. They do have a 7 channel out.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/468520.asp

Dru.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

There is a 6-channel park flyer micro receiver for the Airtronics 2.4Ghz FHSS family of transmitters currently undergoing FCC certification. It is absolutely, positively guaranteed to be available for purchase... soon.

Spektrum/JR is definitely the market leader with regard to variety of 2.4Ghz receivers available, and especially with regard to micro indoor/park flyer receivers. If Bind-and-Fly models and indoor micro electrics are your forte, then Spektrum/JR would be the best choice for a 2.4Ghz radio platform.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:57 PM
DenverJayhawk

Thanks, BigEd,

I posted this question on the backyard flyer forum, but thought I'd also ask here.

Do you know if the standard micro servos and lipo battery of the RTF parkzone models are compatible with the stock 2.4 receiver for the RDS8000? For example, if I pickup a Parkzone P51D RTF, would I be able to remove the cheap 72mh 3 channel receiver and replace it with the Airtronics 2.4 receiver for the RDS8000?
Old 08-02-2009, 01:55 PM
blvdbuzzard

The RDS8000 uses the standard servo plugs just like Futaba, JR, Hitech so if they plug into one of them, they will plug into the RDS8000.

Happy flying.

Dru.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 AM
skeeter_ca

Also i believe Mike Greenshields said you can remove the outer case of the airtronics reciever to make it even lighter. Not sure about the new 6ch rx coming out but it is a common practice to remove the case.

skeeter
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

The Airtronics 2.4Ghz 6-channel park flyer receiver is now shipping:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8990070/tm.htm