Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

thanks spectrum service!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
andrew wisc.
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks spectrum service!

i recently had to send my dx6i in for service. there were quality probs with trim and dual rate swithches. i was told there would be a 20 day turn around. to my surprise they completed repairs much sooner and did more than i asked for! they replaced switches as asked but also replaced gimbals with updated units to avoid future probs and gave me a free p[arkflyer reciever for my inconvience!!!! while i have heard both positive and negative about spectrum i felt it neccesary to tell of my experience with them being very positive and not just this issue. tech support has always been there for me. thanks to spectrum service for a job well done!! andrew wisc.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:36 PM
RCWI

Default RE: thanks spectrum service!

About three months ago i had a plane go down, not sure why. But the reciver was at question. After the event I started reading about any problems that were outstanding. I had saw where older recivers needed to be updated to some new programing of some sort. Anyway I decided to send in three recivers that I had along with the one that I thought might have a problem. They sent a note saying they couldnt find any problems, so to be sure there wern't any issues. They sent me four NEW RECIVERS. WOW I was over joyed.. These people have customer service, and they know how to use it.. Thanks Horizon Hobbies, you guys are awsome.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:49 PM
jetmike

Wow. That’s good to hear. I saw some info being sent out by Horizon. We need to make sure our batteries are able to deliver enough juice to our servos and equipment. Digitals especially. High draw set ups need more than one feed into the receiver or the use of a power bus of some kind. Our systems loaded (pressure on surfaces) should not let the voltage drop below 4.8 volts. The receivers will disconnect at 3.5 volts. The extra is cushion.

Also, the receivers let us know if there had been a disconnect. You look at the receiver in the plane, if it is blinking after your flight there was a disconnect.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
RCWI

Thats good to know, Thanks Mike
Old 11-18-2009, 01:23 AM
dday

horizon is the best.my dx7 had a button get worn out, i fly every day.sent it back, they fixed it. shortly after it had another problem. they sent me a new one. you can't beat that