Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Newbie looking for Reciever help

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
N5RMQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie looking for Reciever help

Ihave a Futaba Skysport T4YF witha FP-R127DF reciever that is set up for 7ch. I am going to use this in a 2ch application and the reciever is too long (won't fit) I need to know what reciever that I can buy (2ch) that I can use with this transmitter. The TX is on 72.650 (43) FM. I see where I can change the crystal on the TX but not on the RX. Thanks for your help Newbie Out!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:54 PM
ggraham500
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Newbie looking for Reciever help

The smallest Futaba 72MHz receiver is the R114F 4-Channel FM Receiver. You would need to transfer your channel 43 receiver crystal from the R127DF receiver. I do not know a 2 channel in 72MHz.

Length: 1-1/4" (31.75mm)
Width: 1/2" (.02mm)
Height: 7/8" (.28mm)
Weight: 0.35 oz (9.9g)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXASY4&P=7

Hope this helps.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:48 PM
N5RMQ

That one is really too small. I was thinking a Futaba R124H when I look up yhe crystals it says (43) is AM my radio is (43) and it is FM. Now my head is starting to hurt. I'm so confused.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:14 PM
ggraham500
My Feedback: (4)

Your radio is an FM type. The AM receiver is NOT compatible with your FM radio. FM is also called PPM. 72MHz is for U.S. aircraft use. 75MHz is for U.S. surface use (rc cars/trucks). That's why I said the R114F was the closest match I could find.

Here is the Futaba receiver information web site.
http://www.futabarc.com/radioaccys/futl26.html
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 PM
gyrocptr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: N5RMQ

I have a Futaba Skysport T4YF witha FP-R127DF reciever that is set up for 7ch. I am going to use this in a 2ch application and the reciever is too long (won't fit) I need to know what reciever that I can buy (2ch) that I can use with this transmitter. The TX is on 72.650 (43) FM. I see where I can change the crystal on the TX but not on the RX. Thanks for your help Newbie Out!
Perhaps a Berg 4ch receiver. Also, order a matching Rx crystal for Ch 43 to complete the system. The crystal plugs into the Rx, a little tape helps to secure it in place.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLBY8&P=ML

Would recommend that you do not change the Tx crystal to change its frequency. Often times when you change the Tx crystal, the Tx RF section needs to be retuned to get full/proper output.