Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

The best Hitec or JR Throttle Servo for the buck?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 PM
philfree37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best Hitec or JR Throttle Servo for the buck?

I am trying it figure out which throttle servo is Hitec's and Jr's best.

Hitec:

Hs-7965tg

Hs-5965mg

JR:

Jr Z9100S

Jr Z9000S

I've done much reading on all of them but I can't seem to figure out which one I should go with. It will be going on my Ofna DM-1 Spec

Now I know the Hs-5965mg and the Z9000S are older models but they still seem to be super nice servos? Are the newer models really that much better. I'm into racing but I not super hardcore about it, so I was thinking of going with one of the older models since they are cheaper.

I already have the Hs-7955mg so if I go with another Hitec I will be able to use the Hitec Hpp programmer to customize the servos to my liking. I can't get that from the JR servos can I?

I don't want to spend no more that 80.00 but if the newer models are really that much better, I will pay more.

By the way, if anyone has one of these they want to sale please let me know.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: The best Hitec or JR Throttle Servo for the buck?

The analog 965MG would work fine as well which is a little less expensive. The 7965MG does have the ability to program overload protection with the HPP-21 which would allow it to reduce the power output if it gets too hot to prevent it from burning up.

FYI: Adam Drake uses the 7965MG's in his off-road Buggy and Truggy. Note: Adam works and races for Horizon Hobby/Losi and also has the choice to use the JR servos but chooses the Hitec servos because he feels they give him the best opportunity to, first, finish the race, and second to win! You know the old adage... you must first finish to finish first!

Mike.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:49 AM
philfree37

Thanks Mike, I'm just going to go with the 7965MG.

One last thing, the DM-1 Spec lays the servos down rather than the upright position. Is there really a big difference between the two?

There is a site that sales the tray to change them to the upright position. What do you think?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

The theory behind the lay down thottle servo is to lower the CG... it's 6 of one, 1/2 a dozen the other in my opinion; I'd just go with what you have.

Mike.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 PM
philfree37

but mike, laying the servo on the side would mean that it can get damaged easier, right? Like if you hit a curve or something.