Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba steering potentiometer

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:52 PM
absolutenewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba steering potentiometer

Hello,
I´m in the process of rehousing a futaba 2.4 Ghz 3PM in a custom made enclosure for a train model project. I want to replace the steering potentiometer with a sturdy and bigger one.
My question:
Is this pot a special type?.-I measured 1.25k between extremes and 1.75k between wiper and extremes.
thanks for your help
Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Default RE: futaba steering potentiometer

I can not say defiitely about your particular transmitter, but the majority use 5K pots for control functions. If you are reading the resistance with the pot still connected, you will not get the correct pot resistance. Actually, your readings don't compute - if you read 1.25K across the pot, the readings from wiper to extremes will probably be different depending on the shaft position, but they will add up to the total, 1.25K in your case.
It is not necessary to disconnect all 3 wires for this test, just one end and the wiper. Let me know: [email protected]. Saludos de California!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
absolutenewbie

Default RE: futaba steering potentiometer

Thank you EloyM !
I will open it again this week to measure between wiper and one end.
I don´t know if this is the right thread to ask but, I was thinking that cannibalizing a Futaba 3pm 2.4 ghz is a sin.
Is there any chance to connect one of these cheap 2.4ghz sets of transmitter & receiver modules to a homemade r/c pulse generator to
get a 1 channel 2.4ghz system?