Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HELP, how to Program 12FG 3 pos switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default HELP, how to Program 12FG 3 pos switch

I want to program the three position switch "SE" for flap operation on my Composit ARF Flash.

I want the first position to be full up flaps, the middle position to be around 20% flaps and the last potion to be around 50 % flaps
I can't seem to find where you can set the servo position relative to the switch position, you either get +100%, 0% and -100% movement with the three switch positions.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: HELP, how to Program 12FG 3 pos switch

Those three switch positions are correct. You set up the servo and linkage such that when the 3-position switch is in the center position, the servo is in its center position. You adjust the flaps so that they are at 1/2 down. Now, flip the switch to the position that will be "Flaps UP". Adjust the AFR for that position to put the flaps at the proper position to be fully-retracted. Now flip the switch to the "Full DOWN" position and adjust the AFR to set the proper amount of deflection for full down flaps. You're done.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks BAX
I had posted this question in my build thread and received the following, so I think this is the same as you were describing.

ORIGINAL: phjoker

I just set up my flash flaps and Ailerons last night. I have the 12 FGA also
I used switch SA 3 position switch up is normal middle is MM and down is 45 mm
This is what I did.
I centered the servo arm at 90* installed the linkage.
Turn on radio and go to MODEL menu
on the right side FLAP SETTING go into it
now adjust the up throw and down throw .
Use the Offset to adjust the 2nd flap position.
I did realize when I adjusted the off set I had to go back and adjust the up throw again.
I also had to make my linkage longer to get more throw but once you have the linkage length for the one side make the second side the same.
THATS IT. No need to adjust end points or use a mix.
Pete,
Basically I had my linkages set-up as you described, except they were a bit too long so I was getting too much deflection at the center position.

I compensated for the long linkage by going into sub trim and I had to crank in 240 (I didn't want to take the two servo hatches off again )

The good news is it now works perfect! Thanks

I guess there are many ways to achieve the same results with this radio, thanks for all of the input.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Large amounts of subtrim are usually not recommended because they affect the endpoints of the servo's travel.