Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6xas or 6exa ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 11:30 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6xas or 6exa ??

thinking about getting into programable radios, but which one?
The only difference I can see in the 6xas and the 6exa is the xas has the capability of being operated in the PCM mode.
which one is really better??
Old 07-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default 6xas or 6exa ??

Both will do PCM.
Looks like the trims are different.
Some switch difference, and that is it.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:07 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default 6xas or 6exa ??

The 6XAS is considerably more capable than the 6EXA. The XAS offers double the programable mixes (2), a somewhat adequate heli mode, expo on all three primary controls, and a larger display. There are likely a few things I've neglected to mention as well.

That said, the Airtronics RD6000 series still has them beat.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:45 PM
KamikaziRcPilot

Default 6xas or 6exa ??

We have both radios. The 6EXA has digital trims whereas the 6XAS has analog, which is a personal preference thing. The 6XAS definitely has more features. I spent an hour or so last night programming it for an Ultra Stick 40 I just assembled. The 6XAS has a separate switch for an air-brake function. It also allows a dual rate to be set for the rudder as well as the ailerons and flaps. The 6EXA won't allow you to set a dual rate for the rudder.

If you plan to use the radio with the trainer cord option, the toggle switch on the 6EXA is much nicer than the push-button switch on the 6XAS. When my younger son flies using the trainer option, my thumb cramps from holding a push button in for several minutes. I occasionally have to take control back to give my thumb a break. The 6EXA has a top-mounted toggle switch, which is MUCH more comfortable to hold.

Tha flaps knob on the 6EXA is on the upper right corner of the radio. I prefer the one located on the left side of the 6XAS radio better. Again, that's a personal preference thing.

Both radios are well designed. The 6XAS has more options, but it was about $50 more than the 6EXA. It all comes down to the value you place on the extra options. If you use them it's worth it.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

Default 6xas or 6exa ??

Originally posted by Geistware
Both will do PCM.
Looks like the trims are different.
Some switch difference, and that is it.
No they won't. The 6EXA is PPM only not PCM capable. I found out the hard way after ordering my 6EXA.

I pointed it out in the sub-forum for Futaba support and it was changed on their website later.

In this thread..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...46&forumid=150]