Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Cirrus CS 601 std servo from Hobby People

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Cirrus CS 601 std servo from Hobby People

Would love to hear from anyone using the Cirrus CS 601 standard servos distributed by Hobby People as to how these relatively low cost units perform as I am thinking on using five in a budget 60 size sport model.

Karol
Old 10-20-2009, 01:38 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cirrus CS 601 std servo from Hobby People

I have 4 planers flying with them. I run them on 6v packs and they work great. I have pulled two apart and they do have a metal BB in the top not the nylon that they say it has. For the cost, you can not go wrong. they have been flown hard in several planes. I have (5) in a 50 sized Giles 202 with a YS .63 in the nose and they have held up just fine.

They have held up well for the past year and a half.

Dru.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 PM
karolh

Wow .... that's a bonus as I never knew they came with a metal BB. So far a 10 mins. bench burn of them have uncovered no problems and I plan on using them in a Stick type sport model.

Karol
Old 10-21-2009, 03:23 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them in the Global Lucky stick, CMP Giles 202, CMP Fascination, World Models Super Chipmunk 90, plus my brother in law and brother have them in their Low wing trainers, Edge 540 90 sized. I have had 1 DOA servo. It would bounce from left to right. Hobby People replaced it without issue. For the money, they are good servos.

Dru.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I have them in a GP Giant Big Stick with a Brillelli 36cc gas engine. They are great servos and cannot be beat for the money. They have nylon gears but are rated at 102oz at 6v witch is what I use. I have been using them for 2 years now and only have one go bad after about 50 flights on a Modeltech Excite 90 which had a ST 90T in it. The bad servo was in the ailerons so I was able to land the Exicte without to much trouble. I useally buy 8 at a time when I order them. I am go to be putting some in a GP Stearman PT-17 with an 72" wing Span. I will be using a XYZ-26 gas engine in it

Good Luck
Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 PM
sd0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a queston about these servos. I recently got a used Trex600 Nitro heli, and it came with these servos, I'm not sure if they will survive, they seem to have decent enough specs for sport flying, but I'm worried abuout the nylon geas stripping in flight. Those of you who have used them, can you tell me how tough are the gears, are they prone to stripping?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 PM
karolh

Hi Jim,

It's been a while since we discussed these servos in this thread, so I'm just wanting to know how well they have been holding up for you especially in your gas powered model, as so far I've had no problems with mine.

Karol
Old 07-20-2010, 01:08 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Karol,

I am still using these cirrus 601 servo's on my 26cc gas plane without any issue. I check them each time I go out to fly just to make sure everything is still OK. I currently have them on a 4 Star 60 also and no issues there either. I will stil be buying these 601 as i need them. I would not put them on anything larger than a small gasser. I don't think the nylons gears would hold up.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
karolh

Jim,

Thanks for that update on how your CS 601 servos have performed so far, as the four that I bought recently are going on a G20 powered Big Stick 60. I have been doing quite a bit of research on these units and all the reports that I have found so far have spoken very favourably about their performance. It seems like we have something here that is quite good and at a very reasonable cost.

Karol