Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver and Transmitter problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
davebusch8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver and Transmitter problems

I am new to the RC world and looks like I made the same mistake that many other have. I purchased a RTF J Power Cessna 182 from bananahobbies.com and the controls do not work, at all. I am having trouble contacting their technical support and was hoping someone could help me.

I turn on my transmitter and the green led and red led light up and the blue led flashes. When i connect the fully charged battery the servos move a bit to one direction, and a red light flashes on the receiver. After that there is absolutely no response. Was i shipped a faulty receiver or transmitter? Is there a way to reset the receiver or reprogram the receiver and transmitter. What is the best way to trouble shoot to determine what i need to replace. Iam at work now and forget the model of the receiver and transmiter, but can let you know later. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Receiver and Transmitter problems

Without seeing the manual it is hard to say. Did your aircraft come with the Tx and Rx? I do not know anything about the Tx and Rx that came with the aircraft other than it suggests it is from Spektrum. Most 2.4 radios require you to go through a Bind sequence. Spektrum Tx's have a Bind Button and there is a Bind Plug for the Rx. You would connect the Bind Plug to the Rx, turn the Rx on and see Blinking lights, and then turn on the Tx while pressing the Bind Button on the Tx.

The other thing to check would be the voltage of the Rx batteries. If they are LiPos, they may not have been shipped fully charged.

The ESC usually has a BEC which splits off the voltage necessary for the Motor and the Rx.

Without the manual, it is just guesswork unless you find someone who has this aircraft or something similar.