Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Futaba 10CG 10CH. 2.4GHz with Simulator, need help, please!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 10CG 10CH. 2.4GHz with Simulator, need help, please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 PM
roberthein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 10CG 10CH. 2.4GHz with Simulator, need help, please!

Hi gents and gals,

I am sitting here pulling out hair, confused and lost, and i though maybe i could find some help here!?..

First to mention, i am ain't no RC expert, with loads of knowledge, i've played around plenty RC cars and a Esky Helicopter, and know the basics i guess..

Now my dad was so kind to buy me a Futaba 10CG 10-Channel FASST 2.4GHz for my birthday some time ago, and to me this is rocket science, my dad doesn't know much about RCs but was told this is a good transmitter when u want to fly a helicopter... Is this a good transmitter by the way?

I bought myself a used T-rex 600 Pro, used only very little, but i haven't got the experience with such size heli, and don't wanna crash it from the very start, so i though a simulator is a start, but this monster of a transmitter, even with a manual just gets me lost..

I have AeroFly Pro simulator software, installed and running and connected with the cable to transmitter, but how do i get this transmitter to connect/calibrate with the software?.. i searched in the online manual, but cant find a guide..

I know i need to play around a read this manual through, but it would be nice with a bit of "kick-start" help!?..

So if anyone with same transmitter could give me a bit of advice/help on the way, i'd be a very happy man :-)

All the best,
Rob

Old 11-23-2009, 03:33 AM
ggraham500
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Futaba 10CG 10CH. 2.4GHz with Simulator, need help, please!

The Futaba 10CG is great. I've had mine for 7 months now and love it. Easy to program and deels wonderful in your hands when flying. I mainly use a 7 channel R617FS receiver with it obviously in 7 channel mode on the 10CG. The 10CG will also handle the the bigger receivers like the new R6014HS in ten channel mode.

I've used all Futaba's for the last 6 years - the 7CAP, a 9CAP, a 9CHP Super and now my 10CG. The 10CG is my favorite. I put a Hansen Hobbies 64K memory card (also card CAMPac in Futaba terms) and save all my models in duplicate for backup.

Hansen Hobbies - http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/txacc/64k/
Old 11-23-2009, 04:35 AM
roberthein

Hi ggraham500,

And thanks for you reply, when i get to understand the transmitter a bit better i might buy the chip, seems ideal! :-)

Do you by any change know how to connect the transmitter to my simulator software, or know where to find a guide?.. i really wanna get started playing with the simulator.. hehe.. But i need a bit of help on the way :-)

Cheers
Rob

Old 11-23-2009, 11:10 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Sawadee kup, Rob!

I assume you have the USBTrainer cable???
Old 11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
roberthein

Sawadee Krup

Yes yes, cable i got :-) (Just a simple cable that fits in my transmitter and usb)

What i dont get is, do i have to manually have to map each "button" or should it sync in some way.. nothing happens when i plug in the usb..

Cheers
Rob

ORIGINAL: grotto2

Sawadee kup, Rob!

I assume you have the USBTrainer cable???
Old 11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

It should be automatic. In fact, it works the other way on mine- If the cable is disconnected or broken (or the tx is turned off), AFPD will complain when it comes up.

You should be able to go to the calibrate menu and get a response there.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL <snip>
Now my dad was so kind to buy me a Futaba 10CG 10-Channel FASST 2.4GHz for my birthday some time ago, and to me this is rocket science, my dad doesn't know much about RCs but was told this is a good transmitter when u want to fly a helicopter... Is this a good transmitter by the way? <snip>
I have AeroFly Pro simulator software, installed and running and connected with the cable to transmitter, but how do i get this transmitter to connect/calibrate with the software?.. i searched in the online manual, but cant find a guide.. I know i need to play around a read this manual through, but it would be nice with a bit of "kick-start" help!?.. So if anyone with same transmitter could give me a bit of advice/help on the way, i'd be a very happy man :-) All the best, Rob
1. A popular multi function system.

2. Best to refer this question to RCUniverse Simulator Knowledge baseForum
Further information available under sub section "Buddy Boxes, Flight Simulators & Interface." at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Regards
Alan T.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
pilotpete2

Hi Rob,
Do you have the cable provided with the software? It is a USB cable to 1/8" phone jack that the appropriate adapter cables plug into, in your case a Futaba square micro connector.
A generic USB to transmitter cable will not work due to the security key not being present in the generic cable.
Pete
Old 11-24-2009, 02:42 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

If you have the cable you still have to choose calibration button and go through calibration and then you need to choose another "controls" and follow through there assigning channels, reversing etc. You move the sticks and see what bars move there and assign them. A little confusing but you can get through it. This assumes you have the proper USB cable with dongle. If not you have to buy your own software, as stated.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:08 PM
woodie

If you bought the Aerofly Pro Deluxe system, you had to select which adapter cable you needed, and it came with a manual. If you have a copy you will probably be out of luck because the USB cable that comes with Aerofly has a chip in it that sends a code to the USB port that Aerofly recognizes and then will let you calibrate your system.

If you turn on Aerofly without the correct USB security cable and/or the TX is not turned on Aerofly will tell you it cannot find the TX on the USB port.

So..... if you have the legal system, then the only other thing I can think of is the TX has to be set in PPM mode for the trainer port to work.

If you are trying to run a copy, then well, we can't help you.

Woodie