Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Two Crashes this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2.4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Crashes this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2.4?

At our field this weekend we had two crashes, Neither were caused by 2.4.

Both were structural failures.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
MickeyThePikey

Default RE: Two Crashes this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2.4?

Need pics!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why is this posted in the radio forum?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:19 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

attempt at humor I would guess.....
Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 PM
JIMF14D

Crashes are not funny but the scenes that go with them are sometimes. Ihave never had a radio caused crash. Always me doing something stupid flying engine wise. In 10 years I cannot even say Ihad a radio glitch.

But Iwould say that maybe 90% of the crashes Ihave seen are either somthing fell off the airplane or the pilot screwed up. Of the screw ups Ihave seen it is a amazing that guys tend to say......"I got hit" (radio interferece) or.."the wind got me".( Pilot too slow to react or too dumb to know his plane or thumb limits).

That is RC!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mastertech

It is nice to see an honest post in the "2.4Ghz got me" forum. Somewhere here there is one where somebody says there were six crashes this week at 8:30 AM on different days all on 2.4Ghz. What gives?
Old 05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

It is nice to see an honest post in the "2.4Ghz got me" forum. Somewhere here there is one where somebody says there were six crashes this week at 8:30 AM on different days all on 2.4Ghz. What gives?
I cant see where Mastertech's post is any more honest than any other post made here, If someone
says they had a radio problem no one else can say otherwise unless they somehow have first hand
knowledge of the reported problem.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Big Oakden
My Feedback: (3)

Jim 14D,

You have been fortunate indeed to not have had at least one radio glitch.
I have had crashes that were my fault (reversed ailerons) on maiden voyage, (a quick $1000.00 loss) and I can admit to that.
However, I have seen others loose an aircraft and had aircraft crash due to "radio glitches".

You must have a club with few members, where when one drives up and starts assembling his plane and then turns on his Xmitter has not bothered to check who was on his frequency and shot someone down, or had a member of the club pull out a very old xmitter (circa 91) turn it on and have it shoot down someone who was flying.

If you feel lucky enough I will send you a 9CAP xmitter that has been to a local repair center that I was told was working just fine. I wont be using it again.
I lost 3 aircraft on that xmitter alone due to a "glitch" in the transmitter. the glitch kicked in at approx the 8 minute mark while flying.
Just put it in your biggest airframe and fly. put whatever rcvr you want with it (PPM or PCM) as I lost a PCM Aircraft on a 148DP, a ppm on a Hitec 555, and a ppm on a futaba 8 channel ppm receiver.

My crash on 2.4 on saturday, happened after approx 5 mins of flight during the second flight of the day. I dont know if it was battery failure or not, but for sure I did not have control of the aircraft when it went into a dive. and the battery tested just fine prior to the second flight.

Airbusdriver:

I stated that I had 2 crashes with my aircraft, both at approximately the same time in the morning, but do not know what time the other crashes were. One was on an Extreme Link system, anf the other on JR/Spectrum.

I have spoken with other members of our club and being that we are in a flood control district, someone mentioned that they use 2.4ghz for gate communications for water release. I dont know if that is true or not, but until we can get it checked, I will remain on the ground between 8:15am and 9:00am if I bring only 2.4ghz to the field.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:10 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Big Oakden

If you feel lucky enough I will send you a 9CAP xmitter that has been to a local repair center that I was told was working just fine. I wont be using it again.
I lost 3 aircraft on that xmitter alone due to a ''glitch'' in the transmitter. the glitch kicked in at approx the 8 minute mark while flying.
Just put it in your biggest airframe and fly. put whatever rcvr you want with it (PPM or PCM) as I lost a PCM Aircraft on a 148DP, a ppm on a Hitec 555, and a ppm on a futaba 8 channel ppm receiver.
I'll take it, I can use a backup Tx. I'll even pay the shipping.

Seriously, contact me at [email protected].

If you give it to me I'll be happy to report back if it ever causes a crash.

TF
Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 AM
aydin3
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

that is an EASYT one!!None of them had had their coffee before flying!!!!!