Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

throttle channel makes other channels move

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 PM
dasquirrelisme
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default throttle channel makes other channels move

Hello....I am setting up my airplane and every channel works right except the throttle channel...when i use it it makes the ailerons and elevator move with it....i am using a new futaba battery ...the receiver is a futaba and the servos are hitec....I have had this plane set up before and it worked right...The only thing i have changed is the reciever and battery....any ideas?[>:]
Old 06-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: throttle channel makes other channels move

What model of radio are you using? It sounds to me like it is in heli mode since elevator and ailerons move with throttle. This is what happens in some heli modes.

Knowing which exact model of radio you are using will help guide you to a correct answer
Old 06-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do they move consistently, or just jitter around? If it is the later, I would inspect your throttle linkage for any metal to metal contact, IEa Z bend in a metal throttle arm on the carb. That will introduce a huge amount of noise into the system. I've seen the servos go nuts just touching a screwdriver to the idle mix when the engine was running. Any metal to metal the can rattle a little will do you in.

If the movement is smooth and equal to stick movement, that the problem is likely as Silent AV8R suggested, a mix issue

Don
Old 06-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Cashpoboy
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with Silent-AV8R. You either need to set parameter to Acro instead of Heli, or you have some mix set up that needs to be disabled or inh.
Try changing 'model' to an unused setup and try throttle. This will allow you to isolate whether or not you have some unknown mix going.