Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio controlled servo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 11:33 PM
IYIaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio controlled servo?

I'm really not sure the difference between a motor and a servo motor. I thought the only difference was that a servo motor is controlled wireless. It really doesn't matter if it's a servo or a motor whatever one would be easier to get to the end goal. Would I need a transmitter on the control board for eachreceiverI have or would onetransmitterbe able to control all of thereceivers?

Also would it be possible to use the control boards at phidgets.com with the wireless from Xbee? This control board from phidgets.com would work great if I could use it wireless.

http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=1061
Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: IYIaster

I'm really not sure the difference between a motor and a servo motor. I thought the only difference was that a servo motor is controlled wireless. It really doesn't matter if it's a servo or a motor whatever one would be easier to get to the end goal. Would I need a transmitter on the control board for each receiver I have or would one transmitter be able to control all of the receivers?

Also would it be possible to use the control boards at phidgets.com with the wireless from Xbee? This control board from phidgets.com would work great if I could use it wireless.

http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=1061
I'm beginning to think that your two threads are just trolls. You manage to ask the most trivial questions and avoid looking up the information on the links listed. People offer this information trying to help, and you simply refuse to look at the information, while posting more inane questions.

Before you make another post, go to the Beginners forum and look at the top of the list of threads. There are a couple "Sticky" posts there (one about Ken and Minnflyer joining forces) - read those threads and you will learn what we use to control our airplanes.

You may find none of this suits your purposes, whatever they are. You certainly haven't been forthcoming about them.

Oh, and several companies have already produced whatever your product idea is. And they've either made money selling them, or found there was no market.

Dave Olson
Old 07-03-2010, 07:56 AM
IYIaster

I really don't need help from 12 year kids like you so instead of posting useless information why don't you go play with your remote control car.

"You may find none of this suits your purposes, whatever they are. You certainly haven't been forthcoming about them."
If you don't understand what I'm looking for with all the information I've given then you are very slow...

"Oh, and several companies have already produced whatever your product idea is. And they've either made money selling them, or found there was no market."
I've already done tons of research thru the patent office so I really don't need your help in this area. Thanks for the smart ass comment though!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:31 PM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

IYIaster - Scar was politly trying to point out that your vague info/answers could easily be interpreted as attempts to develope a means of achieving results of a dubious nature. There are numerous earlier threads of a similar nature which suddenly disappeared after someone mentioned interest by the "authorities". To put it in words you might better understand, YOUR QUESTIONS AND NON-ANSWERS RAISE SUSPICIONS AND ANYONE WITH ANY SENSE IS NOT GOING TO GET INVOLVED. If you're legit, lay out your problem with concise example, and you'll probably get more help. If you don't trust us, why should we trust you??
Old 07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
dknovick

I'm really not sure the difference between a motor and a servo motor. I thought the only difference was that a servo motor is controlled wireless. It really doesn't matter if it's a servo or a motor whatever one would be easier to get to the end goal. Would I need a transmitter on the control board for each receiver I have or would one transmitter be able to control all of the receivers?
Basically, you control a motor's speed, and the position of a servo. Either one can be controlled wirelessly, but each one needs a controller hooked up to it (and some sort of receiver)

It's a USB controller, and the Xbee is a serial (RS232) device. So the two won't interact. Only if you wanted to do wireless USB, and based on what you have said, you would still need one of these boards every place where you would want a "unit"

-Dave
Old 07-06-2010, 01:19 AM
IYIaster

jbdismukes - "If you don't trust us, why should we trust you??"

First of all it has nothing to do with trust. I'm trying to develop a new product so I'm not wanting to go into details about it on a public forum before I've gotten a patent.

Thanks for all the useful information. When trying to develop the prototype It might be easier to just wire the motors together.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
dknovick

Thanks for all the useful information. When trying to develop the prototype It might be easier to just wire the motors together.
Not sure what you mean when you say wire the motors together, but I agree, start with something easy first.

-Dave
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really don't need help from 12 year kids like you so instead of posting useless information why don't you go play with your remote control car.

''You may find none of this suits your purposes, whatever they are. You certainly haven't been forthcoming about them.''
If you don't understand what I'm looking for with all the information I've given then you are very slow...

''Oh, and several companies have already produced whatever your product idea is. And they've either made money selling them, or found there was no market.''
I've already done tons of research thru the patent office so I really don't need your help in this area. Thanks for the smart ass comment though!
With comments like this one, you will not get too many more responses. People ARE trying to help you but you insult them, and you are NOT forthcoming with ALL the requirements AND the prupose of the finished product. Do you think we are out to try to steal your idea? We are a bunch of 12 year old kids playing with RC cars, remember?

I suggest that we shut this one down until the OP comes forward with ALL requirements AND a purpose of the finished product. This is getting too secretive and dubious.

Rafael