Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

upcoming Spekrum DX8

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Trickbrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upcoming Spekrum DX8

I was in he market to buy a 10 channel (Futaba or JR), when i came across a "first look" article on the soon to be released Spektrum DX8. What sold me was the built-in telemetery feedback directly to your radio on receiver/battery voltage, a temp probe, servo-strain warning, and a few other goodies. I know you can buy telemetery devices sepparately, but this is the first time I've seen it built into the radio. My question is: is this a Spektrum thing... or are there already others out there with it (especially in 10 channel 2.4), because this setup is looking real attractive to an electric pilot
Old 08-21-2010, 06:25 PM
DougV

Default RE: upcoming Spekrum DX8

Yes, Hitec Aurora9 has telemetry. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_85...age_113/tm.htm

Doug.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:19 PM
JIMF14D

Hitec Aurora 9 with Optima Rx gives you telemetry for inflight battery readings including high and low range for free as it is built in. You can select voltage level for warning at Tx. Rx takes up to 35 volts in so you can see LIPO battery volts in real time during flight and low value after flight. Fuel, temp, rpm and I think GPS require extra sensors but Tx will display all that stuff too.

Take a look, 9 channels, touch screen, bullet proof RF link and loads of features for about $350. Rxs are cheaper than Spektrum. $42 gets you a 6 channel with battery TM. I have been flying A9 since March with great results.
Jim D.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Trickbrick

thanks guys for your replies, this may be what i was looking for.
The video in your link Doug was perfect showing programming. I really like that DR and expo have individual-percent settings. I didnt even know Hitec made touchscreens.
Thanks, too, Jim. I jumped over to the Hitec website and researched. Looks like i would have to purchase a RX/sensor module combo, and the price is fair (much cheaper than a new motor, or new plane if the battery goes). The sensor looks like it can handle 4 temp probes This opens options for multiple motors/batteries.
Thanks, Bryan.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:06 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Trickbrick I was in he market to buy a 10 channel (Futaba or JR), when i came across a "first look" article on the soon to be released Spektrum DX8. What sold me was the built-in telemetery feedback directly to your radio on receiver/battery voltage, a temp probe, servo-strain warning, and a few other goodies. I know you can buy telemetery devices sepparately, but this is the first time I've seen it built into the radio. My question is: is this a Spektrum thing... or are there already others out there with it (especially in 10 channel 2.4), because this setup is looking real attractive to an electric pilot
Further to previous answers,
2.4Ghz - Spektrum vs JR vs FHSS vs DSSS - Solutions & Futurewill be of interest.
(answer under associated thread "Spektrum DX8 vs. Hitec A9") .

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links