Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Circus Hobbies Rx.......?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Shovel-Head
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Circus Hobbies Rx.......?

I got a Circus Hobbies 7-Channel FM Rx off of one of my flying buddies. He said it would work with JR. I have a couple questions about it though. It says it is low band 72.101-72.510Mhz. I have a JR 631 Tx on channel 35 will that work? The Rx Crystal doest have any number on it, so I guess I'll need a channel 35 Rx crystal. Also I plain on running Futaba servos and battery pack on it, is that ok if I cut those little tabs off?

The Rx has NER-327X written on it, can someone give me any info about this receiver? I know its a few years old but it looks to be in good shape.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:02 PM
strato911

Channels 11-35 (72.010 through 72.490) = Low Band
Channels 36-60 (72.510 through 72.990) = High Band
(25 channels per half)

JR stopped splitting the 72Mhz band into High / Low band several years ago, and now Futaba is the only major company still plaguing its customers with this headache. I recommend using only the same brand crystal as the equipment it is plugged into, Circus Hobbies in your case (which I believe turned into JR). I would either give Horizon Hobbies a call to verify that, or Ask Danny at JR.

Any servos will work just fine after you modify the end to fit the JR plug. Here are the industry standard connectors:
Old 07-31-2003, 11:21 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Circus hobbies was the JR distributor before Horizon and as such has some radios made with their name on them instead of JR, but are the same thing.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Shovel-Head

Another quick ?

When I put the Rx in my plane I am going to have all futaba gear, servos, battery, etc. With the new JR/Circus hobbies Rx will I have to charge the gear with a Futaba or JR charger?
Old 08-02-2003, 01:37 PM
strato911

It doesn't matter which brand you use to charge the Rx batteries, but if you use a non-JR charger for the Tx batteries, keep in mind that JR uses the opposite polarity on the Tx charge jack than everyone else.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	98451_14637.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	55457  
Old 08-02-2003, 06:44 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Also you will have to cut the tabs off and file champher edges on your Futaba servo and switch harness plugs to fit the Circus Rx.

Refer to Dennis' posted drawing of the two types of plugs above .

John