Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HS-5245 High pitched whine

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Hercmate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-5245 High pitched whine

Hi,

I'm doing the radio installation on a new plane (25 size cap232) and I'm using a Hitec HS-5245. With ll the servos plugged in to centre them (without arms attached) the 5245 produced this high pitched whine about a second later. It won't stop whilst the powers on. Movement seems ok but I've pulled it out in case it was damaged. Anyone got any ideas if this is normal, I've never used these servos before?

Andy
Old 07-28-2003, 11:56 AM
CurtD
My Feedback: (1)

Is the 5245 digital? Can't remember but if it is, a bit of high pitched whine around neutral is not abnormal for a digital servo. Try adjusting the trim on your transmitter a little both ways and see if it stops. If the control surface hinging is a little "tight" the servo will whine as it tries to force the surface to dead center but encounters resistance.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:26 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

I have 5245s on all surfaces of my DP Utimate. The whining is normal; call it the sound of progress.

If the sound is really annoying (and if you have the programmer) you can adjust the servo's deadband so its a little less sensitive around center.

Of course, doing that makes the servo a little less precise...
Old 07-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Hercmate

Guys,

the servo is the digital mini and is whining when under no load (ie no arm attached to the servo and no control surfaces). Its not really annoying but I've never heard a servo do that before! I'm taking into the shop 2moro and I'll see what the owner says, and have a look at some other 5245's. I'll also see if moving the trim reduces the whine. Thanks for your replies..........

Andy