RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Questions about making a rudder and steerable Wheel!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10670368-questions-about-making-rudder-steerable-wheel.html)

roychadwickavrovulcan 08-14-2011 12:38 PM

Questions about making a rudder and steerable Wheel!!!

Hi,
This is my first post,
I was woundering if somebody could please tell me how i make a rudder and steerable wheels and what would be the easiest way
and what parts would i need

By the way the plane i am wanting to make is a Avro vulcan B.2 XM655

Thanks for reading

Jarod

BuschBarber 08-14-2011 02:15 PM

RE: Questions about making a rudder and steerable Wheel!!!

ORIGINAL: roychadwickavrovulcan

Hi,
This is my first post,
I was woundering if somebody could please tell me how i make a rudder and steerable wheels and what would be the easiest way

Thanks for reading

Jarod

Depending upon how many channels you have, connect the Rudder to the Rudder channel and the Nose Wheel to a Free channel. Use a programmable mixer to mix them. I am doing the same thing with a Tail Wheel. If you don't have enough channels, use a Matchbox.

A.T. 08-14-2011 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: roychadwickavrovulcan Hi, This is my first post,
and what parts would i need By the way the plane i am wanting to make is a Avro vulcan B.2 XM655 Thanks for reading Jarod
<dt>Please refer several informatative " Pull Pull"setupsunder sub section
"Aircraft Design. Airfoils, Pull-Pull Systems, Flight Trim &amp; Static Thrust Calculator."
and steerable nose gear installations under sub section
"Retract Undercarriage, Flaps and payload release" at
<font color="#22229c">Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links</font>

and if using a Hitec Aurora 9:
<font color="#22229c">Aurora 9 - Retract Wheels - Steerable </font>- <font size="1">Lock Steerable Nose &amp; Tail Wheels whilst retracted.</font>

Whilst Vulcan has nosegear the following may also be of interest::
Tailwheel Construction and Fitting </dt><dt>Tailwheel Construction (DIY Scale Leaf Spring) - RCFU

Alan T.
</dt>

BuschBarber 08-14-2011 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: roychadwickavrovulcan

Hi,
This is my first post,

Thanks for reading

Jarod

Jarod - I assume you are talking about a Nosewheel bucause there are not any Jets that I know of that use a Tail Wheel. If you are not using Channel Mixing, the JR Matchbox (and the Futaba equivalent) allow you to connect up to 4 servos to one channel and adjust Neutral, End Points, and Servo Direction, for each servo.

roychadwickavrovulcan 08-16-2011 02:51 PM

Thanks Ev erybody i have wrote all that down and thanks again

Jarod<br type="_moz"/>