RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/8515737-new-hitec-aurora-9-channel-2-4ghz-radio-system.html)

udet1918 02-22-2010 02:17 PM

RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

THEY'RE HERE

I just got my notification from Tower that they are processing my order for the Aurora 9 with 9 channel channel receiver. This order was placed Dec 21, 2009.
There will be some happy people today. I'm one.:D

Greg
Checked my Back Order status at Tower and it says Invoiced-Processing in Warehouse. Looks like they are on the way. Way to go Hitec and Tower!

Ron

Prop_Washer2 02-22-2010 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: udet1918

THEY'RE HERE

I just got my notification from Tower that they are processing my order for the Aurora 9 with 9 channel channel receiver. This order was placed Dec 21, 2009.

Greg
Checked my Back Order status at Tower and it says Invoiced-Processing in Warehouse. Looks like they are on the way. Way to go Hitec and Tower!

Ron
I just called Tower, they did get some this morning, but couldn't speculate on which versions were received. I guess the 9-ch receivers versions came in, my lowley 7-ch version status is unknown. My fingers are now assuming the crossed position...:eek:

Born2Fly 02-22-2010 03:17 PM

After reading a couple pages of this tread I understood that some people already received and successfully using Aurora 9. Could one of the lucky owners let me know if it’s possible to bind 2 receivers and use them in the same time? I would like to have 2 receivers setup for my 40% and I am not sure if I should get this transmitter (I am still using 9CAPs) Thank you in advance.

PWRDrill 02-22-2010 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Chancho

<div style=''margin: 0in 0in 0pt''><span style=''font-size: 8pt''>No problem Pwrdrill, You jumped on it and it was fair game. Good for you and the hobby shop for the hard earned sale. This hobby offers a unique interaction between users and suppliers. I think it was great of Common Sense RC to take care of you and it's good to konw that Hitec is in the background on all of this too.

I used to fly line control as a kid out on the the West Mesa, past Petro glyph park, about 25 years ago... I miss the scenery of Alb. and it sounds like this A9 went to a good home. Though I've been crying and venting about deliveries out here, I am actually OK to continue to sit tight like all the rest who don't have them. I'm just overly anxious like every new toy.

I'll look forward to hear your reports of the A9 handling the 5K altitude. .

Mike - are you going to be at the Toledo show this year? Will the Hitec booth be selling anything or is it all promo?</span></div>
Interestingly enough, I grew up in Almont, MI, which isn't far from where you live. I now currently live on the west mesa and fly at Maloof Air park, which is probably where you used to fly? The west mesa has grown up a lot since then - alot of housing developments, a new school, and even a paved road :)

Good luck on getting your toy - btw, I do like your timer! :)

Small world...

PWRDrill

A.T. 02-22-2010 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Born2Fly After reading a couple pages of this tread I understood that some people already received and successfully using Aurora 9. Could one of the lucky owners let me know if it&rsquo;s possible to bind 2 receivers and use them in the same time? I would like to have 2 receivers setup for my 40% and I am not sure if I should get this transmitter (I am still using 9CAPs) Thank you in advance.
In normal mode yes, in scan mode no.
refer:
<font color="#22229c">AFHSS - Normal &amp; Scan Modes Explained</font> includes Redundant (Dual) Receivers.
<font color="#22229c">AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking</font> Spectra Pro Module &lt;&gt; Optima Receiver
refer also
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro &amp; Optima - FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {extensive update should be visible within 24 hours}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links

udet1918 02-22-2010 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

ORIGINAL: udet1918

THEY'RE HERE

Greg

Ron
I just called Tower, they did get some this morning, but couldn't speculate on which versions were received. I guess the 9-ch receivers versions came in, my lowley 7-ch version status is unknown. My fingers are now assuming the crossed position...:eek:
PW no need to speculate I ordered the 7 channel version. Just received an e-mail from Tower that my credit card was charged so the 7's are there. My back order goes back to 4 Dec. For you it will depend on how many are in front.

Ron

Born2Fly 02-22-2010 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: A.T.

ORIGINAL: Born2Fly After reading a couple pages of this tread I understood that some people already received and successfully using Aurora 9. Could one of the lucky owners let me know if it’s possible to bind 2 receivers and use them in the same time? I would like to have 2 receivers setup for my 40% and I am not sure if I should get this transmitter (I am still using 9CAPs) Thank you in advance.
In normal mode yes, in scan mode no.
refer:
http://<font color=''#22229c''>AFHSS...plained</font> includes Redundant (Dual) Receivers.
http://<font color=''#22229c''>AFHSS...linking</font> Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver
refer also
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {extensive update should be visible within 24 hours}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Perfect. That’s what I was looking for. One additional question; when bounded to two receivers in the Normal mode only, receivers suppose to reports voltage back to the transmitter. What voltage you are going to see, is it a way to switch between receivers for information?

Prop_Washer2 02-22-2010 03:47 PM

Mine was December 10th, so we'll see if later today or the next few days turn up with something. [:-]

Chancho 02-22-2010 03:48 PM

Thanks Pwrdrill...

Your a long way from Almont, MI...Don't let the rattlersget you &amp; get that profile filled out with a couple pics from Alb., too, I do miss the mountains and view! Very small world, indeed...http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

Seeing as your radio hit shipping today before anyone's at Tower, you'll have to unpack and get your radio out to thefield to let us all know how it works out!

89blackvert 02-22-2010 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

Mine was December 10th, so we'll see if later today or the next few days turn up with something. [:-]

Mine was ordered on Nov. 27th. and it says "Invoiced and processing" Finally!!!!!!!!! A9 with the 7 ch.
Good luck to everyone :)

ohnoucdat 02-22-2010 04:57 PM

Look at all the smilies popping up. Poor reps at tower ear gonna hurt from all the phone calls- Where's my radio LOL

AJsToyz 02-22-2010 05:09 PM

Phil,

Sounds good to me! A few guys that I know and myself used to fly at an old airfield in Salem, but now I'm only flying in Milan.

It looks like I should get one, PWRDrill placed his order after mine and he got the last one !! :D

I received my 9 channel receivers from Tower today, now I just need a radio. I like the Rx's, no cutting of the tabs, they are universal.

Andy

dszydel 02-22-2010 06:15 PM

No such luck for me. My A9 +7ch was ordered on Dec 31st. They shipped all they had [&o]

AJsToyz 02-22-2010 06:31 PM

I paid the extra and got mine through Common sense RC. I have a January back order so mine won't be until Mid March from Tower. I just checked my order @ Common Sense and it says shipped !!

I should have it Friday!! :D

Andy

PWRDrill 02-22-2010 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Chancho

Seeing as your radio hit shipping today before anyone's at Tower, you'll have to unpack and get your radio out to the field to let us all know how it works out!

It did indeed ship today, but unfortunately it will have to wait for my WH MX2 gasser build (still waiting on that one to ship). I will however be playing & figuring out my new toy until I can start the build. I'm going to keep all of my old planes on the old Futaba 72mhz for the kiddies to learn on.

PWRDrill

Edit: Grats AJ: I was hesitant to post up much about mine because I was going to feel badly if you didn't get one and I did... whew.

PWRDrill 02-22-2010 06:42 PM

-

Michel 02-22-2010 06:59 PM

Hi Guys

Will you guys please be a little gental with youre Canadian neighbors , You guys are getting ME all excited . All this means to me is that I.ll get MY system SOON , and than I,ll have bragging rights also :D

But on the serious side ................................... I,m really glad you guys are FINALLY getting youre radio,s ;)

Michel

AJsToyz 02-22-2010 07:57 PM

I would have been bummed , but it would have worked out one way or another. Still Happy !:D

Michel, this is very cool! I am stoked to say the least !

Andy

for any one else that wants one now ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HITEC-HI-TEC-AUR...item3efd323011

Michel 02-22-2010 08:02 PM

Hi AJsToyz

stoked................................. is that I good thing [sm=confused.gif] ;)

Michel

Pippin 02-22-2010 08:16 PM

Some pages below, Mike posted a youtube link to RCModelReview - but only part 3. I watched the other parts an have a question about the Optima 7 RX. It´s said the RX operates only down to 3,5volts. Do you use two batteries to have a secure system? Is it possible to use two different batteries at the same time? How about the visual RX battery voltage on the TX screen. Would it display both batterie voltages at the RX´s that have the back channel function?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIhb...eature=channel

AJsToyz 02-22-2010 08:30 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]

A.T. 02-22-2010 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Pippin Some pages below, Mike posted a youtube link to RCModelReview - but only part 3. I watched the other parts an have a question about the Optima 7 RX. It&acute;s said the RX operates only down to 3,5volts. Do you use two batteries to have a secure system? Is it possible to use two different batteries at the same time? How about the visual RX battery voltage on the TX screen. Would it display both batterie voltages at the RX&acute;s that have the back channel function?
FAQ answered =
<font color="#22229c">Optima RX - SPC Cable and use</font>
<font color="#22229c">Optima RX - Multiple Batteries may be installed</font> Dual batteries for redundancy or even one for each servo.
<font color="#22229c">Optima RX - Servo Wag with BEC</font> Reason &amp; Prevention of Servo Wag when switching on some ESC.
<font color="#22229c">Optima RX - A123 2S Cell</font> <font size="1">- Low Battery Warning Auto for 4-5 cell NiMH &amp; 2S Lipol is not currently adjustable for A123 2S.
and more at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro &amp; Optima - FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links</font>

WILDCRASHWILLY 02-22-2010 11:48 PM

Got notification from Tower my A9 with 9rx shipping today. Day started out rough at work but, It 's turning out to be a good day after all.

Gringo Flyer 02-23-2010 04:12 AM

I ordered one with 7ch rx on Dec 13 and it's still on backorder. Looks like I might have missed the cut.

mschulz531 02-23-2010 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Alex7403

Consumers protest, not buying, not buying, not buying.

Never had a hitec before only futaba's, as I noticed the hitec systems were cheaper then the rest, dont know about reliability.

You are all forgetting very important point and that is the price of the receivers.
while the Tx is one time investment and its painful only once the Rx is painful point every time I think of getting a new airplane.

I got Futaba 2.4 6EX and now its $100 for a receiver, I have three 72 MHz receivers and I'm not buying anything until that price will go way down.
Please look at it as a bundle Tx, Sx's, Rx's, wires, switches.

Alex

I have to agree to some extent...these 2.4ghz receivers are not cheap! I purchased an Airtronics RDS 8000 last year and I'm very happy with it. I was surprised to find that servos are no longer included with the tx/rx. But after reflection I realized that this makes sense...there are just too many options for servos now that the manufacturers can't put together enough "packages" to satisfy everyone, so now the servos are a separate purchase. Thankfully, servo connections have become standardized, thereby saving us some pain and giving us consumers some choices.

I was pained to discover the cost of the receivers, but then quickly found great deals on eBay for new in box receivers for my RDS 8000 (Receiver 92824). Instead of paying $90-$100 at Tower or wherever, I find them readily available from reputable merchants on ebay for $60-65! Many of those merchants are also selling Futabu 2.4Ghz receivers as well, so make sure you check them out. I've now got three receivers for my radio and I should be set for this year, anyway! To me, the benefits of 2.4Ghz systems far outweigh the cost, as compared to 72Mhz systems. I still have one 72Mhz Airtronics system for my trainer (used for club instruction), but eventually I will buy another 92824 for that plane as well.

I'll be really curious to look at this new Hitec Aurora package once it is readily available. I could never "stomach" the cost of "Futaba", so I will certainly look at the economics of the Hitec system as well as the feedback from early users.

-Mike
<br type="_moz" />