Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Charlottesville Racers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 04:15 PM
trackman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

You know bill a 10 or 15 min a-main might be fun at CHR.We can try it this weekend if everyone wants.
Everyone let me know what you think about the idea.
I think a couple laps with my 777 will put Joel over the edge.
That gives you something to think about Joel.
Bill if you come out come early . More tuning needed on your motor.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:39 PM
octospider0

lets plan for it then. if we dont get started too late it should work fine.

I plan to be there around 11 Scott
Old 06-20-2005, 06:40 PM
slicks

teamwork! Hey I took out that guy a couple of times - or maybe he took me out - anyway - I did my part!!! I do have to say though I didn't think that any of it was intentional in any way -- just having fun here.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:47 PM
octospider0

i tied his pit guy's shoe laces together! does that count?
Old 06-20-2005, 06:56 PM
slicks

I am up for a 10 minute A main -- it will just depend on how many people we have of course and -- how do we time it at that 5 minute mark and a pit lane. All of that is an easy fix though. I think that it would be good practice for all of us.

Yeah - I wouldn't mind driving that 777 a couple of laps Scott -- just wouldn't want to break it! . But that would give me an idea of how that baby drives. The only problem is that I'll want one after that -- sounds like Stampy's is trying to do something with Kyosho. Hope that Kyosho gets their act together soon! It sounds like growing pains to me. HHHMMM maybe they should hire me -- I was in supply logistics for a long time!!! I wonder if they give their employess discounts (and first dibs on parts!).

Old 06-20-2005, 07:54 PM
slicks

well -- I got all of the race stuff put away and looked over the buggies and just made myself a whiskey and water!

The only thing that I saw broken was the antena on Manders buggy - and she broke it twice. Other than that I had a screw on the rear a-arm (bottom) that hold the shock on that backed out about 2 turns. Other than a few new scratches on the chassis - we are no worse for wear. Well Amanda did bring home about 1/2 the red clay dirt from Amherst county on her buggy - man that thing is covered! Now the clean up begins----tomorrow.

Hey Scott - I was going to give you a call - but was not sure how late you wanted calls. So I'll try tomorrow maybe - nothing serious - just wanted to run a few things by you.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:49 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey joel out of all the people that went down to the race guess who made it in pictures. if i am correct it was amanda (is her buggy #5) if it is then it's her. check out the regional racer's thread under amherst race. pretty cool. see ya mike
Old 06-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Super_Dave

Bill you have no idea how far suspension geometry and weight placement goes. As far as dampening and rebound I have my Hyper set up exactly as Scotts kyosho (I checked when he wasn't looking ). The smallest things in the way all of the linkage like camber rods, pivot ball or c-hub suspension, and the way the toe and camber are set all have a major role on how a buggy handles and theres still a few more things about suspension geometry that makes some big differences like caster. Also the kyosho is quite a bit lighter so instead of beating threw the bumps it floats over them easier then my hyper does. I'm not sure as far as weight placement goes with that buggy but that is another thing that makes some big differences... and I can't forget about the sway bars. I'm going to change my diff oil a lot from how its setup now and get it closer to what seems to be the smoothest for cornering. I do expect my buggy to handle better and I am going to keep pushing harder every weekend.

I'd love to have a 45min main but I'm not to sure how many buggies would be left after that and its gotta be hell on the motors. So no complaints from me on running a longer main. We don't need a pit man/woman for every car either. At the race my dad filled Amanda's, Joels, and mine (with my very fast fuel gun ) I pitted first about 30second before the 5min mark and when I got out I let Amanda know shes gotta pit next and she let Joel know after that and it worked very smoothly and quickly. Position for one on Scotts track could be at the beggining of the back straight. Its an area Scott might be able to expand a little more (need to check with him of corse) and its not a place where the speeds are high because its coming out of a corner. Comunication between pit and driver will actually be pretty good if you get hand signals going just like the pros use.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:07 PM
dockman2

I can change the setup on the computer to run all the mains or just the Amain to whatever length of time you guys want. We can run 5min Cmain, 10min Bmain, 15min Amain or whatever. Its an easy fix.

Joel-as far as needing a "better" buggy to go to the next level I dont think that is really true. I also like the looks of Scotts 777 on the track but you have to remember... He set it up and he is driving it. Have you ever seen any of his buggies not look good on the track? I havent driven his 777 but I have driven everyone of the others and they were all easy to drive. All of them were just planted. Give him your buggy for a week or two and let him redo it and set it up and I think you would be surprised. I think your buggy drives pretty good and with a little time and setup it could be a contender. Heck, look what Amanda is doing with her buggy. Scott ran the heck out of it, then I bought it and did the same. Now she has been running it for a while and it still made the Amain at its first away race! We just have to get you to stop taking them apart and cleaning them.
Heck, look how well my OFNA Comp buggy ran. Thats a $300 RTR buggy that I didnt do anything to. I guess I will have to get off my butt and actually work on the setup on it just so everyone will see what it can do.
Its all about the setup and driving...unless its a Mayhem... and it just sucks.

By the way Eddie went to Kings Dominion so thats why he missed the race.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:11 AM
Super_Dave

Thats ok it was much quieter without him on the way there and back .
Old 06-21-2005, 07:00 AM
trackman

joel i made it to work at 4:30 this morn. It might take me a few min. to think.
Then again it always does.
Might make a few changes to the track.Just to mess with kevin.
My phone is on till at least 9pm
Old 06-21-2005, 07:08 AM
slicks

Mike -- thanks for letting me know - YES - that is her buggy! I never went to that forum before. I wonder if Joe was able to put more pictures on his Blueridgeraceway site. I'll have to check.

I know that Stampy and his wife took many pictures - I'll have to check there site out as well.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:23 AM
slicks

Thanks Scott -- I sent you a PM (private message) when you open up the RCUniverse site it will ask you if you want to read it.

Change the track? COOL. Hope that Wayne can get his up and running soon -- running on different tracks is a blast! They all offer something different and it really makes the racing interesting.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:49 AM
trackman

Joel-since im computer stupid it took me a while to read your message. i think i sent you one back
I looked at the track for a while last night . Have several ideas floating around empty head.
just not sure what route i want to take.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:01 AM
trackman

Hey Bill lets put a pond in the middle of the track . I think you will get enough air time to jump it. HAHAHAHA
Yeah i know im supposed to be working.
Ill build the pond you bring the fish
Old 06-21-2005, 11:25 AM
slicks

I think Bill needs to change his name to AIRBOY!!! That really was some air you got on that one jump
Old 06-21-2005, 12:17 PM
octospider0

ORIGINAL: Little Stampy

Bill you have no idea how far suspension geometry and weight placement goes.
Dave, you NEED to slow Way down on the patronization! Last time I checked you were not the leading resident expert on suspension setup/camber and toe in. I was expressing an opinion on the way the mugen drove compared to, yes, my opinion of how the other buddys drove. Some broad scope of a statement about my exp in suspension geometry and weight placement is completly off the cuff. Think twice before making such statements.

Bill
Old 06-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Big Stampy

If anyone would be interested in putting a Tamiya kit together I have 6 to get done tonight for shipping tomorrow. I will give a $25 gift certificate for helping.

Also, I'm cropping some pics right now and should have them up on my website shortly.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:52 PM
ZRaceman01

Hey I did not chicken out. I went with my dad for Father's Day. Besides, all of my buggies were messed up because of my dad.

We switched the motors from the Hyper pro to the Jammin Pro and vice versa.

The Mayhem did not have a battery. The first buggy we bought from Scott needs a motor, Wayne's did not run right. Plus I was breaking in my Mammoth Truck.

So, I will probably see you on Saturday at Scotts.

Scott, will you help my dad fix the two Pro buggies we have? My dad got to messin around with them.

Eddie
Old 06-21-2005, 05:55 PM
ZRaceman01

I am thinking of buying a Peak Performance Diablo 28 racing motor (at $179.00). What does everything think, or what have you heard about them?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:31 PM
dockman2

Hey Bill be nice to our RC Guru, even if some of us have been running RC longer than he has been breathing! You forget, Racing is his Life.

Besides, Cracking on people is MY JOB!!![X(] You just get this fish for the pond. I was thinking maybe those giant gold fish.

Scott and I dont want you to learn anything about setup and driving anyway. We need you as a pit man for us in the Amain
Old 06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
dockman2

Matt, Chris and Stampy... I see you lurking on here. Whats up? Stampy do you have a race date for Sept?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
SManMTB

Just forgot to close the browser.
Not much happening, waiting for the SP1 to arrive. it finally shipped. Trying to convince my room mates in the house to pit at the Tiltyard this weekend.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Big Stampy

The race is the second weekend in September. [8D] I might have to start driving between now and then. Then you would stop making fun of Bill. HEY, look at the crippled blind man trying to drive 1/8 scale!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:11 PM
slicks

We just got back from Stampy's helping to build some Tamiya on-road car kits. It was fun working on a clean car for a change!

Well -- time for this little cowboy to go nite nite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.