Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Amherst, VA race

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amherst, VA race

I would just like to thank everybody that attended. It was our first race of the season and I think it went pretty well!! We had 23 entries and people from Rustburg, Charlottesville, Franklin County, Roanoke and Amherst/Lynchburg. "Stampy" from www.stampyscoolstuff.com had a great selection of parts and prizes and Donald from www.roanokeraceclub.com did an awesome job w/ running the heats and races. There were some great drivers there and I hope they will come back for future races!!

I will be fixing/extending the big jump and landing ramp in the upcoming weeks. They really took a beating!! I have never had that many good/fast cars on the track....they really chewed up the corners!! Again, thanks for the fun day!!

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73124.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	287561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75331.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	287562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ug52866.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	287563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp13692.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	287564  
Old 06-21-2005, 12:22 AM
dockman2

Default RE: Amherst, VA race

Hey Joe this is Kevin from Ch'ville. Sorry I couldnt make it down for the race after all but had a Fathers day commitment. Im glad it turned out well. Sounds like my local crew did OK in the buggy class. Hopefully we can get some of your guys to come up and race here. I know your guys mostly run Monster trucks but if you could let me know what they run, the classes, and the rules for them I could set something up.
We are looking at a couple of things such as a points series and maybe some single races with prizes etc. Maybe we could even hook up between tracks and do something like a points series. I dont have transponders but the manual input has been working well for us. I could maybe do it at your track also.
Let me know what you think. Also Stampy mentioned a race in September. Let us know the date.

Later, Kevin
Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 AM
slicks

Hey Joe! My daughter and I had a great day racing - we look forward to the next scheduled race at your place. OH - thanks for the tip on the restaurant - they make a very good milk shake!!!

Joel
Old 06-21-2005, 03:22 PM
SManMTB

Thank you for a fun and well organized race. I'll be happy to come back.

Christian
Old 06-22-2005, 02:20 AM
Super_Dave

Hey Joe you have a great track. Even though that big double gave the buggies some hard landings it was still a fun part on the track because it wasn't just wide open you had to judge the distance a little.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:56 AM
trackman

Hey Joe we missed you last weekend .hope everything is ok