Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Regional Racers & Bashers
Reload this Page >

Pitch in: CO (Boulder County) Outdoor Off Road Track

Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Pitch in: CO (Boulder County) Outdoor Off Road Track

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
cherrypop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitch in: CO (Boulder County) Outdoor Off Road Track

If you've been looking for an outdoor off road track in the Boulder County area, this might be of interest to you.

I have found someone in Longmont who has access to a plot of land in an industrial area of town. 50 tons of dirt have already been moved to the location for the purpose of building an dirt oval with an off road track in the center.

Presently, all that is needed at this point to finish the track is (1) a Bobcat, or similar, (2) someone to run the Bobcat (3) a driver's platform.

If we can't find someone with access to a Bobcat, we plan to raise the money necessary to rent one (for two days). In that case, we will still need a skilled operator.

The ultimate plan is to hold weekly races on the site for 1/8, 1/10 and 1/18 scale off road cars/trucks.

The plan for the track currently calls for a very large dirt oval (12' wide lanes) with tall berms, and an off road track in the center of the oval. Movable barriers will be built to include sections of the oval when racing in the center of the track.

The purpose of this post is to (1) create a list of people in the area who might be interested in getting races together, and (2) create a list of people who are interested in contributing time, money or equipment necessary to get this project done.

Please IM me if you want to get involved.