Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

First on road car.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:28 PM
steed2-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First on road car.

hey guys, Im new to this area of the r/c world and my wife just bought me a new nitro 4-tec 3.3 w/2.4ghz for christmas. just a couple quick questions for the seasoned onroad guys, what upgrades adjustments should i do outta the box? i have been looking around and cant seem to find a whole lot of concern about this vehicle minus that it either comes with horrible tires or eats tires. So is their any common upgrades guys with do with this car right off the bat, any issue's i should look out for? belt problems, driveline issues.....etc. thanks for any advise guys. -scott
Old 12-20-2011, 07:57 AM
rchabits

Default RE: First on road car.

ORIGINAL: steed2

hey guys, Im new to this area of the r/c world and my wife just bought me a new nitro 4-tec 3.3 w/2.4ghz for christmas. just a couple quick questions for the seasoned onroad guys, what upgrades adjustments should i do outta the box? i have been looking around and cant seem to find a whole lot of concern about this vehicle minus that it either comes with horrible tires or eats tires. So is their any common upgrades guys with do with this car right off the bat, any issue's i should look out for? belt problems, driveline issues.....etc. thanks for any advise guys. -scott
Wow, what kind of christmas lets you open presents early?[:@].Look at this guy,claims to be an expert on rc, but does not even know how to upgrade a rtr.Ill help you out,slap a big block on it like miamizfinest and swap the 2-speed for a single,boom you have a rocket!?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:31 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rchabits

Wow, what kind of christmas lets you open presents early?[:@].Look at this guy,claims to be an expert on rc, but does not even know how to upgrade a rtr.Ill help you out,slap a big block on it like miamizfinest and swap the 2-speed for a single,boom you have a rocket!?
Not sure where you saw that, but if you re-read his post ull see NO WHERE did he claim to be a expert??? And why was i thrown into this for no reason??!?! Talk about envy.......
Old 12-20-2011, 09:43 AM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: rchabits

i am more so looking for any advise that people have on this particular vehicle, as far as high wear items, upgrades that make the biggest difference in handling. not too concerned about power as the 3.3 should be plenty in this chassis to feed my need for speed. I think i will take this to a more active forum, this one doesnt seem to have much traffic. thanks anyways guys. cheers
Old 12-20-2011, 10:03 AM
RCUSEE

Well actually the best upgrade would be some nice foamtires. Always use some good fuel so the car will live long and read a proven break-in-tutorial.
If you want to go further some servos will do. But dont invest too much money in the car.

Id say drive it till its over with and upgrade to another on-road class

and @rchabits

Hold your thoughts together... its getting silly.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:33 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCUSEE

Well actually the best upgrade would be some nice foamtires. Always use some good fuel so the car will live long and read a proven break-in-tutorial.
If you want to go further some servos will do. But dont invest too much money in the car.

Id say drive it till its over with and upgrade to another on-road class

and @rchabits

Hold your thoughts together... its getting silly.
Yea foam tires are going to be pretty much the best single upgrade you can do, second is sway bars, and after that its pretty much up to you!! CVD's are always good choice adjustable threaded shocks are good too. Ect Ect
Old 12-22-2011, 05:21 AM
steed2-inactive

thanks guys i will look into the sway bar kit and @miamizfinest. is there a particular foam tire you would recommend? wider on the back / how wide?
Old 12-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Brent Davis

Like others have mentioned, get a set of Kamakazi foams that have the 40mm rears and 35mm fronts. This will help the car to handle a little better along with sway bars and shocks. You can also go to New Era and get the upgraded belts that they make. They are wider and stronger than the stock belts. Look here for alot more upgrades that they offer.

http://www.neweramodels.com/index.cg...nufact=Traxxas

Good luck and if you wanted to later, YES you can definately add a big block to the 4-tec but as Miami mentioned, you will without a doubt need CVD's because the stock plastic ones will break.

Here's my old 4-tec with a .21 in it and big 1/8th scale tires on it.

Now, I know superchargers don't work at all but I put one on one of my 4-tecs anyway.

If you are ever interested in having the 3.3 engine modified, I personally would use RBmods for that. Rick offers a custom made billet rod and piston combination as well as a dual head button.

AND for the even more serious racer, he even makes an aluminum crankshaft for the drag race version 3.3 engines.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:51 AM
steed2-inactive

thanks brent , this is exactly what i am looking for. i will look into those belts for sure! thanks bud!