Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Pull Cord problem Nitro Engine 1/8 scale please help.

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Pull Cord problem Nitro Engine 1/8 scale please help.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
TurboTastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull Cord problem Nitro Engine 1/8 scale please help.

First of all this is about a 1/8 scale gas(nitro) powered 4WD Off-Road Racing Truck.

I could not find the section for Off-Road Nitro RC cars.

I am new to the forum and to gas powered RC cars, It seems it has been fault after fault, Only at my own and my dads cause and expense, We have solved all the problems we have come across through this forum.

This is the exact model we have (even the colors are the same)

http://tinypic.com/r/ou8av5/5

We got it running after a few problems again, When we were fiddling with the Throttle Control it conked out and we had too start it up again but when we tried too start it up again the Pull Cord
is stuck at its full extent, So it doesnt pull out anymore and it just lays there. When we pull it, it feels like if we pull too hard it will just break and we cant find anyway too get it back in.

If anyone could please help with any suggestions of why this might of happened, how too fix it or if it needs any new parts please let me know through this post or PM.

Thanks and I hope if anyone has a similar problem they can be helped through here aswell.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Pull Cord problem Nitro Engine 1/8 scale please help.

Pullstarters are notoriously sensitive. Try not to pull them out to full extent, use short, quick pulls. They are not mechanically complicated, I suggest you take the engine out and take the pullstarter assembly off the back of it, and inspect it. The only thing that is a pain is if the coil spring inside comes out. They can be put back but it isn't easy. IF the worst comes to the worst, a new pullstart is not expensive either, though I don't know where you would get one for that truck.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 PM
TurboTastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pull Cord problem Nitro Engine 1/8 scale please help.

They do seem too be fairly sensitive, In saying that it seems they can also take a fair beating lol.
We figured we mayswell pull it out and apart too have a look, and sure enough we fixed the problem but when we put it back together and tried too start it again we just pulled the whole cord out because we didnt make a tight enough knot on the cord hahaha..

So we called it a day and we're gonna finish it tomorrow

Thanks for the help! Im sure if we need a new one it shouldnt be too hard too find.