Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Recoil Pull Cord system for Nitro Off-Road 4WD

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Recoil Pull Cord system for Nitro Off-Road 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 PM
TurboTastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recoil Pull Cord system for Nitro Off-Road 4WD

I have a Nitro 4WD Off-Road 1/8 scale model RC Car.

The whole Recoil Pull Cord system has broken bits of the plastic have snapped and The Pull Cord itself has snapped several times.

I was just wondering if anyone knew where I can buy the whole Recoil Pull Cord system online as I can only find places on ebay.. etc that only sell the Pull Cord by itself.

If anyone can help me that would be great

Thanks Alot !

If there is a better solution please let me know..
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 PM
TurboTastic

Default RE: Recoil Pull Cord system for Nitro Off-Road 4WD

I also forgot too classify that its a HSP Tornado 4WD Off-Road Nitro gas 1/8 scale..

Just incase there are certain parts for certain brands of RC cars, I do not know as I am new too the forum and RC cars especially Gas powered engines
Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Anthoop

Do you know what engine it is? Would probably be easier to find the pullstart for it if you do......if you do not know what engine it is put some pictures of the engine up and maybe that will help.
Also. when the pullstart is removed from the engine there is a shaft sticking out of the engine....does it have a hex on it....what size?
Old 07-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Mattman1

Hi TT i've got a buggy very similar to yours with a vertex .18 and the cx 18 engine seems to be the same I broke a few cords myself until I changed the pull cord  to 138lb fishing braid .06mm dia and have kept a log book on starting etc and have had 109 starts without a hitch .
If you have a fishing buddy just ask him as it looks so thin you think it would snap on the 1st pull but this stuff is tough and has no stretch
and is abrasion resistant . hope this helps .Cheers .
Matt...
Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you stopped by a local hobby shop? Even tho your car is what's considered a generic non name brand car. Pull starts are sorta standardized and usually work from brand to brand.

I sure you could get a HPI one to fit easily, of there is a local shop in your area that carries them I'm sure they'd be willing to help you find one that fits.