Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Rs4 ....was i crazy ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rs4 ....was i crazy ????

Hello everyone.Out of all the cars i looked at i ended up getting a used but practically new condition hpi nitro rs4. Everything loks stock except the cooling head. I paid 120.00usd on ebay and it works great. But was it worth the money ? Also is there any good way or things to hop up the car? I am using this to ride in parking lots and streets. Any suggestions and comments welcomed. Thanks everyone
Old 01-29-2004, 02:23 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rs4 ....was i crazy ????

There are still a lot of parts available for the earlier RS4's...Check out Tower, and I'm sure a few other guys will know of other places. 120. doesn't seem like too bad a price, if the engine is in decent shape. What engine does it have in it?
Old 01-29-2004, 02:44 PM

I will check Tower out thank you. It has the original hpi .15 engine but with an upgraded cooling head. Not sure what engines will fit this.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:27 PM

good ass price to me.. im thinkin it came with no electronics.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:05 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds to me like you got a good deal on a great model, you should be feeling nothing but good about it.

I have an RS4 racer that I have been running for about 5 years, out of all the cars I have owned it is the only one I have held onto. It is by far the cheapest car out there to maintain and it is a decent performer on the track and in the parking lot.

As well there is plenty of parts support out there, I would be very suprised if parts vanished anytime soon.

Dbow
Old 01-29-2004, 08:47 PM

damn good price yes...i got a rs4 2 from ebay for 100 with no electronics so thats real good.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:10 AM
ko

if its the belt driven rs4 then try and get your 2 speed asap "if it doesnt already have one" cuz they are discontinuing it for that model
Old 01-30-2004, 03:36 PM

Hey guys...yea it came with all electronics to. i was looking at the 2 speed for it also. wish i could change tthe belts to shaft though hehe/ any other good sites with hop ups for that car besides tower just let me know. thank you all.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:11 PM

dammm mad good of a deal. i got my stock rs4 on ebay for 150 so.. u got a heack of a deal. shouda waited... but w/e you can find alot of hop ups, everywhere. check ebay for more hop ups, you can get real great offer.
jason
Old 02-06-2004, 01:56 AM

towerhobbies.com has some good stuff for the nitro rs4. thats what i have and all thats left for me to get is the graphite upperdeck and mip cvds for the rear axles.

heres a list of some good upgrades for it:

hpi graphite upperdeck
hpi graphite rear shock tower
hpi graphite front shock tower
hpi graphite rear brace
hpi aluminum gear brace
hpi aluminum front belt tensioner
robinson racing aluminum brake kit
robinson racing aluminum pulleys. there are 4 of the small pulleys on the car, but i only have two upgraded. they are the ones at the side of the car next to the spur gear and center bulkhead area.

some aluminum shocks, either hpi aluminum shocks or hot bodies threaded aluminum shocks
one more thing i almost forgot. you might want to get a thicker chassis. the stock chassis bends in a crash with curb on the road or whatever. i got a 4mm chassis compared to the stock 2.5 or 2mm and it was only $50. i think towerhobbies has it. to find it do the search on towerhobbies for 4mm chassis nitro, and it should show you the chassis for the car

you might have a really hard time finding a 2 speed at this time. look on ebay for a better chance
i'm not saying to get all the upgrades, but it's so fun when you add one piece at a time throughout the year. it becomes a new car.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:54 PM

well i just ran across a rs4 racer 2, aluminum hubs, A arms, all aluminum mounts, hpi signature chassis, aluminum bulk head, upgraded head, aluminum belt tentioner, and a two speed i belive, all for $150 "buy it know" on ebay.
is that any good, it works 100% too.
my parants may have purchased this as a present for me.

yes pros, i know this post is old as hell so no smart ass remarks please.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:53 PM

I bought a RS4 3 EVo with the XR2 radio along with HTS pipe for like $145 i think its a good deal.

Is it better to have aluminum suspension system over the graphite?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:18 AM

if u keep searching ebay u can get alot of good deals. I got one r40 for 125usd and it came with an old engine and one servo.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:32 AM

yeah graphite is good but aluminum takes the cake when it comes to durability and precision, graphite is strong but brittle, what would break graphite would slightly bend aluminum and you can pound out warps too.