Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

EZ Start 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Start 2

Im looking into getting a Nitro 4-Tec and Ive heard bad things about the ez start system. was this just the old one(went on traxxas.com and they said to replace old gearbox and get ez start 2 gearbox). ive heard the ofna ob4 goes just as fast but has a pull start and is cheaper. is the extra money on the 4-tec worth it? much obliged.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:29 PM

Default RE: EZ Start 2

Anyone that I know/knew that had the 4tec did not like it. I seen people at the track with them and it seems they have hard time controling the car.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:21 PM

was controlling the car the only problem? if so, how bad do you say it was?
Old 03-16-2004, 02:32 AM

Nitro 4 tec and the OB4 are okay cars. the new ez start2 system is a lot better than the original ez start. there is no more wires dangling around. but what i came across with the new system is that when you hold down the starter button down for a long period of time. the board gets really hot and fries the board where your glowplug doesnt work anymore. and also both the ob4 and 4tec doesnt really have any thing to back up on upgrades. sure they are fast out of the box but you can only find a couple things to upgrade on like MIP CVDs. and about the handling on the 4tec stock wheels that comes with the car arent sticky enough. they just act like the car is on ice. so pretty much get some sticky tires like HPI super or pro compound redials. and pretty much have fun
Old 03-16-2004, 11:35 AM

This is second hand - I have not owned the car myself. For nitro - I had a TC3 that I recently sold.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:05 PM

i would go with a TC3 but im not a fan of shaft driven cars and that EZ Start sounds good next to seeing my friend start up his engine with pull starter.

anybody have any experience with HPI's roto start? wut about their new set of nitro cars. much obliged
Old 03-16-2004, 10:22 PM

i sell the new evos quite frequently it is a nice system but i still think pull or bump start is the best way. with the roto start it has so much torque that it cracks the one way bearing. i sells those one way bearings for the savages like people drink water.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: IhrtTamiya

i would go with a TC3 but im not a fan of shaft driven cars and that EZ Start sounds good next to seeing my friend start up his engine with pull starter.

anybody have any experience with HPI's roto start? wut about their new set of nitro cars. much obliged
I use the HPI roto start on my 1/8 scale and it is very nice. I have starter boxes and i have engines with pulls starts and I have the TMaxx with the EZ start. I prefer the roto start the best.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:48 AM
Banned

I DONT LIKE THE EZ START ON THE TMAXX IT HAS PROBLEMS I WOULD GO WITH THE PULL START THE SAVAGE HPI HAS A NICE ROTO START NO PROBLEM.I THINK THE SAVAGE IS JUST BUILT STRONGER.EVEN 1/8 SIZE TO 1/10 STILL OVERALL STRONGER .AS THE EAST START FOR THE TMAXX JUNK IT 9V CRAP[sm=bananahead.gif]