Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Project Car-Cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 07:56 PM
ryuhito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Car-Cam

OK, three of us got our wireless mini-cams today, looks like I'm the first ready with pics. Mine is the RS4-3 Evo version, the TC3 and Savage versions are on the way.

Just a start, several issues still need addressing. Tested reception with radio on and servos worked fine, picture still came in clear. Center of gravity on the setup sucks but theres not a lot of room down low, HPI did a good job of packing it in down there. The camera is high, not going to be protected in a crash, I still need to work on that although the body will help. The 9-volt is just kind of floating between the radio tray and fuel tank, still need to cover it somehow and devise a tie-down. Any suggestions for this project would be helpful. We're kind of winging it here..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88144.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	130363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29597.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	130364  
Old 05-08-2004, 10:14 PM
dragon_08

Default RE: Project Car-Cam

I got mine on the savage but the pics won't be up till tomorrow. I have a video of the car and hopefully i get a small tv and take it out Sun so i have the first vid for the 1-3.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:22 PM
dragon_08

why did you leave the bag on the transmitter. it gets pretty hot in there.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:59 AM
ryuhito

Thats actually a different bag. I want the thing sealed against nitro grime and dirt. So you already got video? I'm hoping I can get it done tomorrow. I'm still adjusting the mounting, trying to get it secure.