Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

NITRO TC-3 PLUS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 06:11 PM
1CE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Before i order my factory team ntc3....

Thats really neat, do you know if the body is roar legal? also is it moded body for a 1/8 or was it made for a 200mm car? where dijya get it?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:05 PM
montrealer

ORIGINAL: 1CE

Thats really neat, do you know if the body is roar legal? also is it moded body for a 1/8 or was it made for a 200mm car? where dijya get it?
Got it from RC mart but any local Pro-line reseller chould be able to get it. Here's the link to the product on Tower hobbies [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLLL9&P=7]200mm lola body[/link]

I don't know if it's ROAR legal but quite honestly, I don't care. I just run this car in a local parking lot and enjoy every minute. I know my engine is not legal, my pipe either, this makes it a friggin ROAR nightmare car...
Old 04-19-2006, 02:29 PM
reb75thmeu

Sweet body. It isn't ROAR legal, but it sounds like that is not's what it's for.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:34 PM
1CE

[] darn, i race so yea... looks nice tho! thanks for the link[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
KaZaaV2

Anybody got like a direct link to ROAR rules and what the outlaw and allow? I'm feeling kinda lazy.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 PM
montrealer

ORIGINAL: KaZaaV2

Anybody got like a direct link to ROAR rules and what the outlaw and allow? I'm feeling kinda lazy.

Here you go: www.google.com
Old 04-19-2006, 10:49 PM
KaZaaV2

If I didn't know bettet I would have actually clicked that link, and I do remember asking for a DIRECT link but anyways, I stumbled across a hard copy.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:01 AM
reb75thmeu

WWW.roarracing.org
Old 04-23-2006, 12:13 PM
orlandotmaxx

i have a os .18tm from my revo that i am about to replace. i would likento place it in my ntc3 but dont know if it would fit. any comments?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
KaZaaV2

I'm all thumbs with that one since I only really studied LRP engines. I have a friend who likes OS engines and I'll get his comments on it and try to get back to you ion that one.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:14 PM
xtreme_ntc3

Default RE: NITRO TC-3 PLUS!!!

Hey guys!!!!!! I just joined rcunivese and I need your help.. I've read a lot of things around here and I think maybe you can teach me.. I just bought a NTC3.. Also bought the O.S. .18 TZ Turbo Engine for that car.. Some friends told me about a Novarosi .12.. Which one is faster? I know that gearing is one of the most important aspects of a car and of course the driver.. But besides that, which engine is better??? Also, do you know the best web site to buy parts for my car?? Also want to buy a Serpent too.. Where can I buy it?? Thanks guys...........[:@]
Old 04-27-2006, 08:19 PM
xtreme_ntc3

Hey guys!!!!!! I just joined rcunivese and I need your help.. I've read a lot of things around here and I think maybe you can teach me.. I just bought a NTC3.. Also bought the O.S. .18 TZ Turbo Engine for that car.. Some friends told me about a Novarosi .12.. Which one is faster? I know that gearing is one of the most important aspects of a car and of course the driver.. But besides that, which engine is better??? Also, do you know the best web site to buy parts for my car?? Also want to buy a Serpent too.. Where can I buy it?? Thanks guys...........
Old 04-27-2006, 08:24 PM
xtreme_ntc3

Hey guys!!!!!! I just joined rcunivese and I need your help.. I've read a lot of things around here and I think maybe you can teach me.. I just bought a NTC3.. Also bought the O.S. .18 TZ Turbo Engine for that car.. Some friends told me about a Novarosi .12.. Which one is faster? I know that gearing is one of the most important aspects of a car and of course the driver.. But besides that, which engine is better??? Also, do you know the best web site to buy parts for my car?? Also want to buy a Serpent too.. Where can I buy it?? Thanks guys...........
Old 04-27-2006, 11:11 PM
KaZaaV2

I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that my friend says it is possible, he did it on an original TC3. The bad news is that knowing the type of ghuy he is, he likes to fabricate stuff to make them work so I don't know. Try it and see I guess.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:14 PM
KaZaaV2

Not too sure about the engine questions since like I said, I have only messed with LRP engines, but, [link=http://www.towerhobbies.com]www.towerhobbies.com[/link] is a real good site for parts and cars, best I've seen so far.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:23 PM
unemplizoid

LoL,,The dude bumped this 3 times in 15 minutes with the same question.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:39 PM
shanersntc3

Hello everyone, I am a new owner of a ntc3 + that a friend of mine at tower hobbies hooked me up with. I work on real cars for a living and have little experience with r/c rigs. I appreciate any help you may be able to give me; I have several questions and am quite green so please consider me a lamen. From what I know about this setup is that it has an OS .12TZ 5 port engine and I think an associated pipe (fat blue one with a big spring flange) and a two-speed / clutch assy. (from whom I don't know). I will try to put a pic on here of it when I figure that out... I got the thing already put together by himself / a buddy never run and I haven't been able to keep the engine running long enough to break it in. It has really hard tires for drifting but I think the diffs are stock (rear just set real tight). If anyone has anything similar and can tell me anything useful, I would be obliged.

For some reason the steering doesn't actuate equally both ways. The wheels angle further just a bit to the left than they do to the right. I don't think the steering is getting full travel when making right turns but I don't see anything in the rack being held back. There is a distinctive tap when the rack reaches its limit but the tie rod ends and visible linkage is not hitting anything. I don't know what gives it that limit or how I can adjust it. I haven't taken it apart and would like to keep from doing so as it is ready to go except for these two things.

The remainder of my issues lie within the super-tight and very stubborn mess known as the engine. This thing intermittently locks up like a bank vault at TDC and my flywheel is beginning to get worn from prying it past. A huge touring racer at the local hobby shop was thrilled to help me get it going today and we spent a good couple hours trying to get it started and running (starter box given to me from my friend was wrong, plug igniter battery when dead and starter batteries needed another juicing). I guess OS engines are usually not that difficult to get going? After I broke down and bought a more appropriate starter box we got it running and had to kill it due to RFI and since then the ******* has only fired once on my glow plug starter and it died as soon as I gave it a bit of throttle. Obviously this is frustrating because I am quite familiar with engines but not engines like this. Doesn't appear to be too rich but hell, I could be wrong.

I know I have written a book here, laugh at it a bit, and I appreciate anyone who will lend some patience and help or otherwise good advice that can be given. What would you do? This is just a really good looking paper weight right now and I want to get it ready to romp around with before my other bag of goodies (rims, tires, bodies, hardware, fuel) gets here in the mail.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:05 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the steering try to adjust the link between the servo and the rack, then adjust your trim on your controller . It may also be the servo horn going againt the radio tray. Then you will have to move it on the servo toward the drivers side one spline. I just set my friends car up and that 's what was wrong w/ his. As for the o.s. I had the same problem. It just means you have a well built engine. When I go to breakin an engine and it does that I get excited cause I know it is going to be strong as heck.Just bear w/ it and try to run a couple tanks though , it will loosen up, eventually. When you do get it started just drive it around , don't idle it. Try to lean it out a little just to get it started . Thats what I had to do w/ my 18 tm . It was very frustrating for a bit there but it was worth all the hassle.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:27 PM
sgfdotcom

i have recently acquired 3 ntc3's 2 new and 1 used that wasnt even broken in yet (still had the restrictor in it) im new to the forum and am really enjoyin takin the cars into the court and running the **** out of em....what a great sport.........i went to the local "hardware store" and bought a pump style garden sprayer and 2 gallons of denatured alcohol (hint hint) this reallys works for me...and when the cars come in the house......each one looks like new, with the exception of any possible "battle scars"...1 16oz bottle of nitro wash for 8.00 or 1 gallon of denatured alcohol for 12.00.......you do the math.......... my sons and i have started a webpage that you can check out here http://www.webspawner.com/users/wewood/index.html please check out the gallery and make sure to enlarge all of the pics.,,,,,especially the 1st one.............
Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 PM
KaZaaV2

WOW! It has been some time since I layed a post in here I think. My Car is pulling liek crazy whenever it feels like. Chassis is straight, wheels are good and not too tight, trim would be set good along with the camber and the neutral point. It would run good for a bit and then suddenly like today, it would just pull all of a sudden. I broke a front shock tower on Tuesday and guess what? I broke another one today? Am I the only one with this problem here?.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:41 AM
crazy nick

check the servo saver built into the steering rack. If it came loose it will pull to one side or the other. also check your wheel bearings.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:44 AM
crazy nick

you ain't kiddin about that first pic , WOW smokin hot
Old 05-07-2006, 03:37 PM
sgfdotcom

ok guys wnet out to the first race of the season today, qualified 3rd in the a-main (ok so there was only 1 main), put the tc3 on the track and for the lineup and all of a sudden, the throttle and steering started twitching, tx batteris ok rec batteries ok.................any ideas???? there were three qualifiers and man did some stuff get tore up, one kid completely ripped off the r/f suspension and actually kept on racing r/f wheel dangling in the breeze. my daughter was my pit girl and did a great job for her 1st time out........any ideas about the twitching would be greatly appreciated.......
Old 05-07-2006, 04:20 PM
sgfdotcom

shaner.....i too work on real cars for a living (ford linc merc to be exact) and these things are a whole different beast,,, but much more fun than going to work....
i woder how many head gaskets are on your engine, ive heard of a trick where you can remove one of the copper head gaskets and get more compression and we all know what more compression does right?............just an idea....i wonder if one of the head gaskets has been removed, and maybe the piston is hitting the glow plug or the head at TDC????
Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 PM
shanersntc3

naw, thanks though sgfdotcom. i got it to break loose, just a tight well built motor....it runs like a raped ape now though, I already put the thing into a curb[&:]
....so you work on fords huh? that so happens to be my specialty as well. Are you a tech? I work at the hotline. If you ever need any kind of information or other help.... - just let me know. I will be glad to provide any help I can give. I am in the 8/10 cylinder driveability department so engines are my thing but I am descent with everything else....just not diesels and automatics. Just let me know, brother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.