Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Fixin to put these on my SS....What advantages if any will the have?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Fixin to put these on my SS....What advantages if any will the have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 06:05 AM
crashland 73
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixin to put these on my SS....What advantages if any will the have?

I bought a 3 possision racing clutch (round type 3 holes) and sway bars. Both made by HPI. I am putting and HPI .18 on it too. I am also getting an Integy set of spriings I figure I need to soften up the front for cornering. I think. I have had 4 of these cars and still forget the crap I need to know to keep one hooking up. I am using X pattern tires.

Oh, and which sway bar to go where? Color and what will it do?
Old 08-19-2004, 10:36 AM
dg2b

Default RE: Fixin to put these on my SS....What advantages if any will the have?

I can give info on the clutch and springs (although not specific to integy).

The HPI racing clutch have 3 holes. First hole (bottom edge) will allows your clutch to engage at a lower rpm. This is what most people use specially those using torquey engine. Second and third holes will engage at a higher rpm, which is good for power hole shot especially out of the turn. The issue with using the second, especially the third hole, is that from a stand still, you might get fish tailing action.

I use associated springs and normally use either 17 lbs or 19 lbs up front, 22 lbs in rear. I also play with shock oil, ride height, and droop and it matters on what springs to use.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:16 PM
crashland 73

Default RE: Fixin to put these on my SS....What advantages if any will the have?

now what about the sway bars
Old 08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
dg2b

I don't know anything about HPI sway bars specific but, use sway bars in rear for more steering but less rear traction, front for more rear traction but less steering.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:13 AM
raceme

sway bars is used so there is less body roll(well for real cars thats whats its for)and that helps to not make more weight shift onto the out side tires in a turn giving you more traction and i guess faster faster speeds through a turn..but remember that the right tuning of the suspension will only help that..you cant juss stick on some sway bars and expect the car to run like it was on rails. well i dont know how to tune my suspension correctly so i cant help you with any starting points..
Old 08-21-2004, 10:32 PM
crashland 73

I wrote this in another thread but just to let you all know how my car was doin.

well today i fixed it. I set up the front and rear cambers and what have you to the high traction track settup and WOW! It now acctually ahs too much, I flipped it over on a real tight corner, but I went into it full boar. I did it a few times more but, now I am going to readjust it so it will slide a little instead of flipping. It was neat. It gets so much traction now it hoppes sometimes on corners. So now I need to learn to feather my throttle. It seems my tires are wearing even all around now. Cool beans! Anyway, I thought I would fill u all in. Thanks for the help.