Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help! My .12R SS is conking out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 03:54 PM
VigCS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! My .12R SS is conking out!

Hi, i've got an HPI RS4 3 type SS. I just sold it on ebay but the guy couldnt start it so I gave him a refund and he sent it back. Anyway, I got it started last night and it was running pretty well, but today its konking out whever i give it a little gas, though it idles fine. When i tip it over, fuel comes out of the exhaust pipe.

I guess my question is, is lean(er) clockwise or counter clockwise? I took of the heatsink, and the sides of the sleeve were perfectly smooth, no scratches at all.

EDIT: I'm most likely going to get a new engine in a few weeks if i cant get this running. A .15FE most likely.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:00 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Help! My .12R SS is conking out!

Yo lean a needle out, you tighten it (clockwise).
Old 10-09-2004, 07:36 PM
VigCS

I got it adjusted so it's running on the rich side, its acceleration is slow but its top speed is high and the engine doesnt die out. When I run leaner, the acceleration is fast but when the engine starts to gain RPMs it starts to die out. Any way to fix it so i have fast acceleration and high top speed?
Old 10-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Josh222

If it is dies on the top end you have t to lean, go back to factory settings and start over