Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Good High Surface Temp Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 02:38 PM
BLBncsu

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good High Surface Temp Tire?

What is a good tire for high temp surfaces (i.e. 100-130 deg. F) for my RS4 3SS? The parking lot I go to when not at the track is a smooth blacktop surface that will bake in the sun all day and get hot (I live in N.C.) The car acts like it is on ice, i currently have a set of rubber slicks on it. Someone know of a good high surface temp tire for me?
Also what is a good replacement fuel tank for this car, my stock one is leaking through the primer i think and making a mess all the time, not to mention the way the fuel lines are routed is crazy. Thanks all!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:51 PM
R40Victim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good High Surface Temp Tire?

We've had really good results with foam tires. If you aren't too concerned with how long they last, get the softest compound they have for the rears, and a slightly harder compound for the fronts. Our race track is built on a similar black top surface, and the temps are about the same...
Old 10-10-2004, 03:57 PM
BLBncsu

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Good High Surface Temp Tire?

Foams would be a good idea for at the track, but my problem is when i'm in a parking lot and would like to have some life out of the tires. So i guess a decent lasting tire for a high temp surface would be best. The track i go to isn't bad temp wise, just the parking lot i go to. Thanks.