Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Bash your RS4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 04:59 PM
schmism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bash your RS4?

So when i bought my RS4-2 a few months ago i got 2 in the deal. sold one to a budy who has always wanted a flat chassis also. anyway turns out the motor on his was bad, and he just now got it a new motor for it running.

So we head out to a local parking lot. I cant get mine started for like 15 min (turns out my mixture was WAY off because the temp had changed about 30 deg from the last time i ran it).

I finally get it running, take a couple of spins, make a few adjustments, and go back out again. Well i hit a crack in the pavement while in a turn and it bounces hard, then TAKES off across the parking lot at WOT right at the building. Im helpless, it refuses to respond to control. So i watch in agony as it slams head on 50mph into the building. I thought for shure that would kill it but NO. somhow it lands on its wheels and takes off again back in the general direction of me. Except this time there is a meadian in the way. Well again at 40+mph it hits the curb and goes skyward! talk about sick air! I can bairly get air like that with the Tmaxx off a ramp.

Turns out that in that hard turn it tossed the battery pack and then i dont have a throtle return spring on this one. (gotem on the buggy and the Tmax)

needless to say the body took a hell-a beating but otherwise no broken parts.

Shortly after that my stearing servo started acting up again. (previous problem) so we called it a night.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:14 PM
napalm_Fire

Default RE: Bash your RS4?

I bet it was fun after it was all done, lol....

it couldnt have been much fun when it was happening, but after it was all done, I bet you had a blast, eh? lol....
Old 10-11-2004, 05:20 PM
dubyarexessteeI

get a fail safe too
Old 10-11-2004, 05:21 PM
nitroracer20

wow pretty much no damage, thats great
Old 10-11-2004, 06:06 PM
napalm_Fire

fail safe definatly, this is the kind of accident many people dream about, but never happens