Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

How to clean a car. Proper way?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to clean a car. Proper way?

so a diff is kinda like a clutch in a car ok. now where is that located?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 AM
J_D

what??

A diff is NOTHING like a clutch
Old 01-05-2006, 05:00 AM

clutch-diff2 seperate things
Old 01-05-2006, 05:19 AM

well that is what he made it seem like because if a clutch is slipping it means you engine revs but your wheels don't move. what are the chances that water will mix with you diff. oil?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:46 PM

ok IMHO, this would be the best way to describe a clutch, its like brakes .. you have a piece of solid metal that's spinning(disk brakes = flywheel) when you halfway push in the clutch it slips, when you halfway apply the brakes, the pads slip against the rotors, when you fully release the clutch, the clutch material meets the speed of the flywheel and either slows down your motor(due to resistance) or spins your tires(lack of traction), where as when you fully apply the brakes, the rotor stops moving ... does this make any sense? now a differential is completely different as it has nothing to do w/ your transmition except for the output shaft and driveshaft ... (rwd/4x4) the power goes from your motor, to the trans. where it then goes out the back and to the driveshaft which spins as fast as your wheels are spinning. but it goes from the driveshaft and goes into the diff. and spins a small gear, which in turns spins a bigger gear (we'll say 3.73:1 ratio) for every 1 time that the drive shaft goes around, the rear tires will have went 3.73 times more. now by no means am I an expert on diff's but this is my best way of describing it and anyone who wants to can chime in and correct me if im wrong/left something out .. i didnt go into to much detail about LSD's as im again no expert

just some pics i scanned
Old 01-06-2006, 02:54 PM
My Feedback: (10)

think of it this way....would u take a hose and pop ur hood in a real car and just "spray" everything down? i think notlol
Old 01-06-2006, 03:08 PM

ok makes sense it is the big block to the rear and front of the cars but it actually moves the tires? it comes off with the springs and stuff and is a ****ing pain to put back in. ok I know now that gay ass piece. Thanks alot I will go and take the diffs of and the shocks and spray it down wit water and dry it off correct? There is nothing inside the car that takes oil?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

think of it this way....would u take a hose and pop ur hood in a real car and just "spray" everything down? i think notlol
Yes I do. I leave the motor running spray everything with simple green and then wash it off with water. Dont get me wrong, I dont purposely spray the electronics a whole lot, but the do get wet and it does nothing to them.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:33 PM

yea that is how my dad cleans his real car lhe never covers the electronics. or any oil tanks or anything just with water high pressure water like at a carwash.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:14 PM
My Feedback: (10)

r u guys serious^^^^^? do u know taht u could damage ur real cars like that if ur not careful?
Old 01-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Banned

Washing an engine with water may cause harm if not done properly. Lets see you need to cover the whole airbox or intake for fear of water getting into the engine. Intake manifold would be nice to cover up because you dont want water gettting in there along the cracks between itself and the engine. The engine CANNOT be warm because I know my engine (VQ30DE) is aluminum and if you spray water on it, it may risk cracking . You cant spray water directly onto teh alternator. Need to cover up fusebox apparently. You dotn want water leaking into the intake piping thats why some owners are skeptic about doign this. Cover the battery/distributor. Powerwashing may be harmful for different sensors from all the power it may put stress on them. Also covering the belts help so if water gets on the pulley it may slip possibly hmm thats all I cant think of. you can spray it down just take a few precautions.