RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

.18 in RS4 3 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 11:55 PM
RCgangsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .18 in RS4 3 RTR

Hi,

I have a RS4 3 RTR and I need to upgrade the engine. The 15FE is a POS. It never ran right after I got the Cvev pipe. SO I want to get a new .18 engine. I have a 2 speed, Cvev dual stinger pipe and a new manifold. Other than that its stock. Can anyone make any recommendations? I like engines that are reliable, have good low and top end, do not get to hot and are pretty easy to tune. I was looking at that new .18 from HPI but its just a possiblitly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-06-2004, 03:09 AM
DcWest

Default RE: .18 in RS4 3 RTR

.18 cvr-x is the engine for you. fast reliable doesnt get hot and is easy to tune i just got one for my ss and it hauls dont buy the hpi one get the os.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:28 PM
TNRC

My RS4 never ran right with the 15FE and Cevec pipe until I got rid of the stock Carb and replaced it with the larger option Carb that HPI has for that motor. The stock carb and its' lack of a low speed adjustment make it just about impossible to get that combination running properly. Once I got the new carb set the thing runs really good. The two needle adjustment made all the difference. the 15 has had alot of fuel through it and still runs very good but I'm ready to get an 18 in the car soon.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:18 AM
RCgangsta

Im starting to think I may just ditch the RS4. Its really boring me. I may get the R40, does anyone know the main differences between the R40 and the RS4. Ive always wanted to custumize my own car.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Josh222

the R40 is a race car, not even close to the RS4 3
Old 11-07-2004, 08:16 PM
RCgangsta

Never Mind about the R40, I can't stand belt drive so ill stick with the Rs3 and and a graphite upper deck and some other hop-ups. I am going to take your recommendation on the O.S. Engine. Which .18 should I get? Rotary Carb and side exhaust? And would do I need to Mount this thing. Thanks

O yeah i have a roto start, will it fit?