Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Which on road nitro rc should i get?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Which on road nitro rc should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 06:52 PM
noobstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which on road nitro rc should i get?

Hello guys, i just joined the rc on road world,

I just found out 3 days ago that I am a true fan that wants to learn all the tips and tricks of this special hobby...

I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice in 3 different kinds of brand of rc models. If you could help me out coz I am not yet farmiliar with the cars:

*Associated Nitro TC3 Plus RTR Car...
*Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec Sedan RTR
*HPI Nitro 3 EVO w/M3 GT Body RTR

I think I want to choose between these 3 rc cars...

I want to know which one goes the fastest, which one can also go semi off road, like just dirty ( no HUMPS and stuff ) just wanna rally abit and which one has the better steering controller. I surfed on the site that you guys adviced ( read in another thread ) http://www.hobbypeople.net/prdcls/carabaa01.asp

But if you can suggest a better on road nitro rc car around that price please give a link.

the associated has a jaguar controller? I just don't know which one i have to buy.... as you can see the 3 rc cars have almost the same price. And I was wondering if I need some other things to buy extra if I buy those kits, or is everything in the kit itself. I hope I am not asking to much from you guys.

and another thing, is it possible to put another 1/10 body on the rc models? or does each brand has different sizes of the hood, wheels, motor etc.

once again thanks you guys..... I hope I can get an answer

A new born rc freak has born,

the noobstar.....
Old 11-21-2004, 07:02 PM
dan6362001
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Which on road nitro rc should i get?

the hpi nitro 3 would be your best bet for dirty driving with the sealed radio and battery boxes. If you buy a kit you'll more then likely need an engine and radio equipment and servos. Its possible to put another body on all of these cars and it would be farely simple also. Im sure someone else will answer all of your other questions. lol i have a headahc eand cant think very clearly right now I hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Dr. Krass

Get a Kit if you are gonna be a serious racer. That way you will know how everything works, how to fix it, and you will get to pick out an engine and radio of your choice. And plus it's fun to build cars.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:22 PM
kwong2001
My Feedback: (2)

For all the cars you'll need a whole bunch of AA batteries. I highly recommend getting a failsafe especially when running AA batteries.

4-tec will also need fuel and a fuel bottle. Also, a 6 cell mah battery pack.
HPI will also need the fuel, fuel bottle, and a glow igniter
TC3 will also need fuel.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong on any of the needed accessories

-Nitro TC3 will be the best all around car IMO, it's a very good basher, and cabable of competing in national races.
-The 4-tec is more of a high speed basher with little hope for handling...it does do 60mph out of the box...i wouldn't recommend this car just because the engine has a lot of problems with tuning, holding a tune, and overheating.
-HPI is a basher but can be made into a club racer if the right parts is installed and the proper setup is made.

Most 200mm touring car bodies will fit. I've had good success with HPI bodies as well as protoform bodies with my nitro tc3. The HPI bodies should be a perfect fit with the HPI Evo.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:38 AM
noobstar

Hey guys, your the greatest! man, your responds is really fast!!! I am gonna feel at home in this forum... Alot of kick ass rc freaks... But you guys, really recommend the HPI or AE? wouldn't you recommend something else for the same price ( around 300$ )... I was thinking to buy a rtr, but lets say if I want to build my own rc car? how long will it take for a newbie like me to make it work? and whats the guarantee that I will build it correctly? another thing, isn't building your own rc more expensive than buying a rtr rc car?

oh yeah i have another question? ehm, I live in Holland and the weather is kinda crap in the winter period ( alot of rain, stormy winds and snow ) can a rc car drive lets say over snow ( with lets say rally tires, like a semi on road effect ) or will i damage my rc car
Old 11-22-2004, 07:42 AM
noobstar

damn! sorry about that hit the wrong button.. well I will continue? and will rain damage the rc car? are they water proof ( the hood, body of the rc car? ) but most of all, i kinda wanna have the capability to drive over gras, dirt and go fast.. ( but ofcourse I prefer to drive over solid ground ) I just wanna say sorry for all my annoying questions, but hey! you cant blaim the newbie right, hehehehe

Yo guys, I just wanna thank you in advanced for your inputs!

Noobstar