Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Need help with new LD-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Cheo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with new LD-3

Ok well im pretty much clueless on how to get my car started I read some of the instruction manuels but they werent much help. I have put in all the batteries and added fuel and when i went to start up the engine it wouldnt work. I have like .12 pull start engine and i cant get the fuel to go through the tubes into the engine... The only think that was really happening was that the air filter was getting flooded every time i start to yank on the pull start. Can anyone help?????
Old 12-25-2004, 02:49 PM
jandb917

Default RE: Need help with new LD-3

if your air filter is flooding then you have fuel in the line to the engin it can be real ard to see in some fuel lines it will look like there is no fuel when there is some in it. try this pull the glow plug out and pull the rope about 7-10 times to clear the cylinder of any built up fuel out. while the plug is out go ahead and check it to make sure its good. if its not replace it. then make sure your carb settings are at teh factory settings, then put the plug back in, make sure the radio and reciever are on and the carb is at an idel settings. once you got that done go ahead and put the glow plug ignitor on the plug and try pulling the rope with short quick pulls as fast as you can you dont have to pull it far out just short and quick to turn the engine over as fast as you can it should start, if not turn up the idle screw 1/4 turn then try again this sould do it
Old 12-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Dvskerry

I had the same problem when I got mine
just place your finger over the stinger of the pipe aka the tip while holding that down give the pull start a good pull that will prime the engine. stick Ur plug in and let er rip
Old 12-25-2004, 08:49 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

ORIGINAL: Dvskerry

I had the same problem when I got mine
just place your finger over the stinger of the pipe aka the tip while holding that down give the pull start a good pull that will prime the engine. stick Ur plug in and let er rip

I find that way of priming the engine best suited for non-pullstart engines because you can have the igniter on the plug and start turning over the engine with the starter box and when it gets spinning, you plug the stinger for a second and let it go and it fires right up.

For pullstart engines, I find that way can be awkward and slow....especially with a new and tight motor. I prefer pinching the pressure line (the line that runs from the pipe to the tank) and then snapping the lid of the gas tank. If you get good at it, it will only take one snap of the lid to prime the engine perfectly.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Dvskerry

It worked for me lol