Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

EVER LET SOMEONE DRIVE YOU RC CAR AND WISH YOU HADN'T

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

EVER LET SOMEONE DRIVE YOU RC CAR AND WISH YOU HADN'T

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 06:22 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVER LET SOMEONE DRIVE YOU RC CAR AND WISH YOU HADN'T

I have a duratrax street force as my first car and one of my uncles friends wanted to drive it real bad. I couldnt say no because i had ridden in his car for about 300 miles on a trip and he was my ride home. Anyway i was like be careful man and he was like yea yea i had an electric radio shack car a couple years ago. he drove it in circles and was getting brave, he started gunning it and braking and holding down the throttle from brake. Im about to piss my pants cause of what hes doing then he just full throttles it and jumps it into a huge dirt ditch. The car was upside down covered in dirt, dirt was flying all over the place, i haul a@@ to the car and it stalls out. I pick it up and front and rear shocktowers are broke, rear suspension arm is broken, cylinder head is all scraped up, front bumper is broken, car is covered in dirt. The a@@ hole didnt even off to pay for, he didnt even say sorry man, later i also realized he broke the rear differential in some weird way. NEVER AGAIN WILL I LET SOMEONE DRIVE MY CAR UNLESS THEY OFFER TO LET ME DRIVE THEIR CAR AT THE SAME TIME, SO IF THEY CRASH MINE IM GONNA FULL THROTTLE THEIR INTO WHATEVER I CAN FIND!!.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:28 PM
TheBadazz

Default RE: EVER LET SOMEONE DRIVE YOU RC CAR AND WISH YOU HADN'T

Man that sucks. I guess he thought of it as a fast toy, not as a 1/10 scale real car.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:48 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

yeah he was a moron, costed me about 50 bucks to fix everything and a few hours to clean the car.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:57 PM
TehArrow

ive only let one person ever drive my drake and i dulled the throttle down to 1/4
Old 01-28-2005, 06:59 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

I have a mx-3 radio system now so i can do that but before i only had regular duratrx am remote and i didnt know how to work it
Old 01-28-2005, 07:04 PM
cossie

i let sum1 drive my car b4 cuz i wanted to race it round a track while i was runnin bcuz i am a fast runner but he ender driving it under my feet lol no damage done tho
Old 01-28-2005, 08:23 PM
rcdriv

hah yeh i have....well i guess it was a good thing i let someone drive it.....i let my sister boyfriend drive my car(by the way he was a experienced)the batteries were going low on my car and all of a sudden wot into a curb.....moral of the story....i got a BRAND NEW car the next morning!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:37 PM
RcSuCkA

hahaha jkrustchinsky that sux. next time do something to the car so it wont move and say that its broken and it wont work, so u wont have to say no
Old 01-28-2005, 08:44 PM
kwong2001
My Feedback: (2)

When I was a n00b, I let my friend drive my Nitro OB4...batteries were low, and it ended up going full throttle into the curb. It was pretty much a total loss. I didn't blame him since it was my fault.

I'll still let people drive my cars. I just turn down the throttle a bunch.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:20 PM
merx9

Yes both times ive let my friends drive my cars/trucks theyve crashed hard into curbs sucks i will never again let a friend drive unless they are experienced
Old 01-28-2005, 10:31 PM
electricfan
My Feedback: (1)

my friend drove my evader ( it has a servo saver in it) and broke the steering servo within 5 seconds
Old 01-28-2005, 10:52 PM
cardriverx

i let my friend drive my rs4 once, and he hit a curb sideways at allmost WOT, but nothin brokin! idk how i got away wit nothin brokin...luck!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:23 PM
garynjr

Yeah, That's never a good sceen! My standard reply is unless you have $600 in your pocket and are prepard to buy me a brand new one than i wouldn't recomend it.
Explain that you need to be experienced with a real RC vehical. I don't let ANYONE drive any of my cars! If it breaks, it's my fault. I'm not good at dealing with other people's mistakes! LOL...

Just say NO! Oh and for the guy who had his replaced, Your sister has a really nice boyfirend! Your lucky!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:30 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

there was acutually a case on judge judy once where one kid wrecked somones nitro car and refused to pay or do anything. judge judy made the parents pay for a new car. Just be carefull who you lend your car too cause some people can be a@@ holes. keep the stories comin though im enjoyin this
Old 01-28-2005, 11:36 PM
RcSuCkA

ORIGINAL: cardriverx

i let my friend drive my rs4 once, and he hit a curb sideways at allmost WOT, but nothin brokin! idk how i got away wit nothin brokin...luck!

its cuz rs4's are so durable like mine lol

i wanna see a judge judy case like that
Old 01-28-2005, 11:50 PM
nitros_rule

i was letting my friend drive my nitro car around the street and he was cool with it just cruising it and started getting the hang of it and i turned around for like one seconds so he fully throtled it and it want into a drain unfortunately it landed on its wheels and he panics and didnt know what to do so he kept it fully floored so it pretty much lost it down the drain forever now i ran so hard to get to it as well but it was no luck[:@]
if anybody see an rc car in the sea can u tell mei chicken wired all the drains now so it cant happen again and he was good so he payed for most of a new carso that was kool
just a lesson for all the people that lets there friends drive there cars DONT LOOK AWAY!!
cheers
Old 01-29-2005, 12:27 AM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

you know what would be a dirty mean thing to do. lets say your friend wants to drive your car. you hate your car and you want to new one right. so you let him dirve it and crash it. he gets you a new car
i know its dirty i would'ent be that mean haha
Old 01-29-2005, 01:52 AM
RcSuCkA

nitros_rule

that sux lol what was the old car, and what is ue new car? And the other lesson to be learned here is DONT LET N00BI35 DRIVE YOUR CAR BY A DRAIN!!!

hahha paperclipracer, i like that name lol i bet ur paperclip can beat my bros honda lol
Old 01-29-2005, 11:19 AM
sixtoes1313

yesterday at the track while trying to get my pro 4 dialed in, i let a fellow r/cer drive it. im guessing the one way up front really messed him up like it was doing to my, and hit a wall coming down the frotn straight. tore two teeth out of each of my bevel gears, right before the A main...needless to say i didnt race. ill still let people drive my car, and if they crash and i can prove they break somthing tehy will buy it.lol but this kid had just soldered a battery pack together for me and bevel gears are cheap.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:06 PM
cardriverx

its cuz rs4's are so durable like mine lol
hah so true...and nitros i think i saw a car in the ocean, sadly a oiltanker ran it over
Old 01-29-2005, 05:22 PM
ICrashThings

I let my friend drive my rc10gt before. That thing is durable as heck though so i dont worry that much, and if he does break something, it had better been from a big jump or he would have to pay for repairs.[&:]
Old 01-29-2005, 06:05 PM
kwong2001
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

there was acutually a case on judge judy once where one kid wrecked somones nitro car and refused to pay or do anything. judge judy made the parents pay for a new car. Just be carefull who you lend your car too cause some people can be a@@ holes. keep the stories comin though im enjoyin this
lol, those court shows like judge judy and people's court aren't real at all. Ever wonder why someone walks out with a big smile on their face even though they got a judgment against them for $3000? It's cuz the show's producers pays that, AND gives them money on top of that.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:29 PM
tonytiger

the only person i ever let drive any of my rides is my dad ...and i prefer not to do that .....i let him drive one of my buggies once and he got brave and was going for the ramp in the yard and i took the radio away from him and told him to go to his room.....

in all seriousness if you let someone drive your rc ultimatley its your decision and you know the risk if they crash it and destroy it its no ones responsibility to fix it except yours......either learn to say no or dont take them out and run them around the non rc owning public.....i have a tendency to let my rc friends run my buggies at the track but 1\8th scale buggies are actually hard to break and my friends are all experienced drivers....i have a serpent 950r on road car that probably hits 80mph and im amazed at how many people have asked to drive it...since its a $1500.00 car and its so fast i just laugh and say no thanks.....
as far as the chiinskey guy at the top of the page that sucks to be in that situation hes doing you a favor by giving you a ride over long distance......look at it like this the fifty bucks you spent on fixing your car was cheaper than a bus ticket....

back in my motocross days
i was going to do some practice laps at my personel track when a friend of a friend wanted to tag along...i said ok sure we got everthing loaded and headed for the track and he said you gonna let me ride your bike or what...i said no but he persisted to the point that i said ok...mind you i was riding a cr500 honda i went around the track for about 10 laps and decided to let him get his 3 laps ...he took off and did a wheelstand and i said oh ****....and the end of the first lap there is a drop off about 4 foot high he came off the drop off and never let off the throttle needless to the old 500 bucked him hard he dislocated his shoulder and broke 3 ribs.....i loaded up(the bike first then him)and headed for the hospital he took out his wallet and told me to call the bike shop for the parts i needed to fix my bike ..the bill came out to $700.00 he gladly paid the bill with his credit card over the phone....the moral to this story is dont let people drive ride etc. your fast expensive toys its just not a good idea.............................................. .........
Old 01-29-2005, 11:19 PM
nitros_rule

it was a kyosho pure ten alpha 3 gp version i ended up getting a cen ct4s bit of an upgrade!
which i was happy about but i still miss my other car and cardirverx, u should have stopped him what are u doing
Old 01-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

I have a duratrax street force as my first car and one of my uncles friends wanted to drive it real bad. I couldnt say no because i had ridden in his car for about 300 miles on a trip and he was my ride home. Anyway i was like be careful man and he was like yea yea i had an electric radio shack car a couple years ago. he drove it in circles and was getting brave, he started gunning it and braking and holding down the throttle from brake. Im about to piss my pants cause of what hes doing then he just full throttles it and jumps it into a huge dirt ditch. The car was upside down covered in dirt, dirt was flying all over the place, i haul a@@ to the car and it stalls out. I pick it up and front and rear shocktowers are broke, rear suspension arm is broken, cylinder head is all scraped up, front bumper is broken, car is covered in dirt. The a@@ hole didnt even off to pay for, he didnt even say sorry man, later i also realized he broke the rear differential in some weird way. NEVER AGAIN WILL I LET SOMEONE DRIVE MY CAR UNLESS THEY OFFER TO LET ME DRIVE THEIR CAR AT THE SAME TIME, SO IF THEY CRASH MINE IM GONNA FULL THROTTLE THEIR INTO WHATEVER I CAN FIND!!.

I have many nitro RC cars, a few mini dirt bikes, atv's and so on. I am always asked by my son's friends "can I drive it?" and "don't worry I know how to drive" Thats the tell tale comment that they absolutely have no clue how to handle what they are driving. I make it crystal clear to the new operator (or the operators parent) BEFORE they operate that " if YOU break it YOU fix it". This gets people thinking, and they tend to slow down a bit and not drive like a total idiot. (or the parent won't let their kid drive my toy at all). Either way you much loved toy will not be trashed from an idiot racer wannabee.
Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.