Xtreme R/C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Racing XR80 and XR8

Anyone running these?
Old 02-06-2005, 02:57 PM
thopper

Default RE: Power Racing XR80 and XR8

Ultimate hobbies ,which lucky for me is my local hs is not going to stock these cars. They say parts will be a problem at least for now. It is cheap and looks good they say but want to able supply there customers. Ultimate is one of the biggest local hobby shops in the country.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:26 PM
performula

It looks like a contender, definately for the lower price. I hope to add one of these to my line-up next.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:27 PM
mrprism

Just bought an xr8 today. I'm in the assembly process now.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Piero23

I am defintly buying the XR8. For the first time 1/8th scale is accesable to those who dont want to spend a fortune. Even the owner of the hobby shop I go to runs one even though he can run any other car on earth. Its got all the right stuff and a awesome price tag. The rtr is a total steal for what you get. With the money I save on the chassis I can get digital servos, spektrum receiver, and an os .21 vspec!
Old 10-23-2005, 01:59 AM
Saboteur10573

If you get the PRP, go with the kit version. The RTR isn't really quite upto race specs. The kit is a bit more racey however don't expect to run out of the box like a Mugen, Kyosho, or Serpent. It's great for those wanting to get into 8th onroad racing and if you got the parts go for it. My friend runs one and the OS engine. BTW the VSPEC is the 8th buggy engine .21. The VZ-R is the onroad .21.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Piero23

BTW the VSPEC is the 8th buggy engine .21. The VZ-R is the onroad .21.
I know but everyone at my shop is running the vspec and say its the best O.S.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Saboteur10573

Still the VSPEC is a buggy engine...not an onroad engine. They may be confusing you. What LHS do you go to? I use to live in brooklyn,ny and go to Floyd sometimes when I can. It doesn't make sence to stick a buggy engine in an 8th onroad. lol.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Piero23

It doesn't make sence to stick a buggy engine in an 8th onroad. lol.
If the the engine has a good low to mid powerband. I can fine tune with the right pipe. And has gobs of torque that will be used with a high traction surface than I see no reason why not to run a vspec. Just cuz a manufacturer says this is for buggys only doesnt mean I have to use it for buggys. Ant track I go to if its floyd or bruckner is too small to see the benefits of a high power band.

BTW This is really gettho but I want to be able to interchange engines during the seasons. The Vspec in a lightning or maybe a helfire truggy in the winter and the xr8 in the summer fall.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Saboteur10573

Yes, but still onroad engines have a different powerband than buggy engines. The engine for a buggy also has a larger heatsink heat and other feature you don't want for an 8th onroad. Sure you can tune the engine, but still an onroad pipe is designed to with onroad engines, and buggy pipes are designed to work with buggy engines. Interchanging either can have some odd effects and is just a waste of $$. Besides you can get the VZr for the price of the Vspec so why get the buggy engine question still remains. As for floyd they sometimes make the track smaller. When I go on weekdays or saturdays it's pretty big. Either way having a reliable engine, that has a nice powerband, in the hands of the capable driver, with a dialed in car can be the other driver's enemy. My Rody isn't a high revver like its newer brothers, but it still hauls and is heck lot more reliable all around.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:27 PM
mosavage

whats up tomjay or hector, u probbably dont remember me. its sumair and moeed
Old 10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
mosavage

Sorry, i meant TOmmy ,i moved to california obviously
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
mmduc

i just bought the rtr last week. broke the eingine in, and made some slow passes in front of my house ! wow, this car rocks for the money. radio aint that great,but for 370 bucks. awesome. here is the hobby shop that i bought it from, and thay carry ALL the parts for it plus upgrade parts. ill keep ya posted,if the weather holds out,im gonna run it this weekend at a very large paved parking lot.
www.larrysperformancercs.com
Old 03-05-2006, 07:49 PM
woody0371

Is there anyone out there that can give me base settings for the 2 speed clutch on this thing, I have the adjuster screws out 5 turns and it still won't shift. The only complaint I have about this car is the fact that the instructions have no details on adjusting anything. This is my first 2 speed car and I cannot get it to shift. Will someone let me know where theirs is set at ? 5 turns out just seems like a long way to me, I'm afraid if I go much further the adjuster screw will rub the inside of the housing.

Thanks for any info...

Shawn