Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

When to Re-sleeve engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default When to Re-sleeve engine?

I have an RS4 3SS with the stock .12SS engine in it. How exactly can you tell when you have lost a lot of compression and should re-sleeve the engine? I've run about 3 gallons of fuel through it and it turns pretty easy by hand, no where near as hard to turn as when it was new.
So when and how do you tell when its time to re-sleeve? Thanks all.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When to Re-sleeve engine?

Generally if you find that your compression is low when the engine is hot, if you are having lots of flame-outs when hot, or can turn over the engine easily when cold (with the plug in) you are in need of a new piston\sleeve or a pinch.

Enjoymentboy
Old 03-06-2005, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now my next question is, should I spend the $35 to get a new sleeve and all for the engine or spend a bit more and upgrade to the O.S. .18?? I know the O.S. will probably require more drivetrain parts and all but speaking just on the engine, is it good to re-sleeve the current .12SS engine or go bigger? Thanks.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:50 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats up to you... i prob would get o os or something if u r racing it if u are just playing with it on the street and areound the house just get a new piston and sleve