Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a car

i am looking for a used 2-3 speed on road 1/10 scale car with out an engine
under $120 please
Old 03-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Cummins

Default RE: looking for a car

What about the R40? Not sure how much it is, or the Factory Team NTC3, again, don't know price, but both are almost definetly more than what you want.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:38 PM
SqueedilySpooch

good luck finding a good car on that budget. The r-40 goes around $260-$280 here in the US. I don't think any kit/rolling chassis is that cheap
edit
and the ntc3 factory team kit is over $300 I would recomend saving up because if thats ur budget u won't go to far because u still need a radio set, engine, fuel, replacement parts, body those with ur car can cost well over $400 or $500.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:09 PM
losixxx-nt

for a used car they are that much?[X(]
the traxxas 4-tec is like 140 used with an engine
Old 03-29-2005, 03:33 PM
SqueedilySpooch

yeah but u know the cheaper a used car is the older it might be and the more problems it might have. If u get a used car and its about the same price or more than the orginal car with no special features i would just buy a new car. Besides would u like a car that is 2 years old that breaks down everytime u run it and needs replacment parts and turns out they are hard to find? BTW the prices I listed is for new cars. I only get certain used things. engines is something i wouldn't get used. Just saying the dangers of buying used u have no clue how many owners it had or how it was taken care of.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:55 AM
jandb917

All i can say is EBAY EBAY EBAY and check out the buyer before you bid ...............Good luck
Old 04-01-2005, 09:04 AM
iacolb12

If you've got $120 now just stow it and add to it each paycheck (or allowance). I would say you need to get to $250 if you go used. Because whatever you pay for your car you'll need to spend another $100 minimum on accessories to run it.

Ebay is a good choice if you do your research. Check the manufacturer sites and email them. Sometimes they get cars back and refurbish them. They can't leagally sell them as new. some companies part them out and some sell them at a discount. Associated regularily puts theirs on ebay. They also list them on their site but at a set price. All haggling can do is waste a little time.

Check with your local track/shop there may be some guys who want to sell their cars and you can see them up close and personal before you buy.

In the end, I suggest getting a new car or refurb. That way there is at least some guarntee if the car is a lemon.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Nsxshogun
My Feedback: (2)

Email me at [email protected] I have a 4tec pro for sale very cheap.