Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

which engine #2??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
cjennings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which engine #2??

I want your opinon on which of these high-end engines is the best in performance, durability,ect.

Novarossi N12LL3

O.S. .12 TZ 3 port

Serpent Mega M12 Legal Race

Old 05-31-2005, 03:03 PM
bleek600

Default RE: which engine #2??

Once again I would have to say OS.. I don't know of anyone who runs a serpent engine at my local track... Even the guys that run Serpent cars are running either RB's or OS.. One guy was running a rossi and it blew on him in toledo.... OS, I believe has the most stable carbs in the business.... set it and forget it.... OS motors are always in the top 3 at my local track.... Plus parts are prob. easier/faster to get.. maybe cheaper too....
Old 05-31-2005, 03:35 PM
spazzyfry123

I second the statement bleek600 made about the O.S. carbs. I run an O.S. in my truck and I never touch my settings. And this is after about 2 gallons run through it[8D]
Old 05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

I third that statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Nitroaddict

Once again, I am going to be the lone wolf and disagree. While OS engines do make very very good carbs that hold a tune, I just don't find the engines that competitive and the several that I have had all had a tendency to run a little too hot.

I have had amazing success with my RB engines in all aspects of power, performance, and tuning - but have also seen many NR engines compete as well and sometimes even better. At either of my local onroad tracks, I rarely see an OS engine competing in any expert class, and the same goes for our buggy track too. I think there are usually one or two VZ powered buggies out there but the rest are RB, CMD, NR, TOP, and SIRIO
Old 06-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Boss290

I agree with Nitroaddict! Get real guys, i've ben racing 1/10 tourers for a long time and no OS can come close to my RB V12 Rody or the standard V12. I have also had plenty of experience with Novarossi engines and they are great motors too in every regard! Yes OS is good value for money, and the carbs hold tune blah blah, but when the heat is on, it cant contend with Novarossi or RB!

Old 06-03-2005, 08:03 PM
rushdude
My Feedback: (1)

I must admit, O.S engines are a good bang for the buck but they dont really make a good High end engine. Novarossi's in my opinion are the best. I havent tried the RB concepts V12 but i have heard nothing but good remarks on that and the same with the serpent M12. Another engine to look at the the mugen mt12 which is also really good. So to narrow it down I would go with one of the following:

The Novarossi stated above

Rb concepts V12

Serpent m12

Mugen mt12