Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

when my motor is off and i roll my car it makes a clicking noise in the front differential.

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

when my motor is off and i roll my car it makes a clicking noise in the front differential.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:21 PM
supernitro_rs4_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when my motor is off and i roll my car it makes a clicking noise in the front differential.

when my motor is off and i just push my car on the ground it clicks in the front differential....whats the problem
Old 07-14-2005, 10:27 PM
nitro monkey

Default RE: when my motor is off and i roll my car it makes a clicking noise in the front differential.

is anything hitting ur spur gear??
Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: when my motor is off and i roll my car it makes a clicking noise in the front differential.

check diff light sould come on
Old 07-18-2005, 02:59 PM
jscustoms

ORIGINAL: nitroboy01

check diff light sould come on

ah - but the bulb might be out.... smart-arse....

Jeff S.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

lol nitroboy. anyway, what type of diff is it? one-way, or spool?

if it is a bevel diff take it out and take it apart and put it back together again. if it needs oil, top it off too. thats what i would do, but find out what other people think first.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:32 PM
raceme

i bet i know what it is...take look at your outdrive dogbones...when you go to push the car youll see your dogbones in the drive axels jumping around in your outdrives creating that clicking sound...i had the same problem and checked everything thing there was. then i just thought to look there and i seen that the dog bone will ride up then when the pin is completely vertical itll fall. if not this then maybe try the other post
Old 07-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

ooo good call raceme, ive bent a dogbone like that, also it beats the cup up