Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

cooling head

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 10:48 PM
hypermaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cooling head

Does anyone know which 11 fin cooling head is best and which fit Novarossi 12 turbo engines?
I want to try get the best out of my engine and at the same time try to keep temps down.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Josh222

Default RE: cooling head

the problem with getting a bigger heat sink is that the temps might be down but the engine is still gettign a lot less oil so it will still shorten the life span
Old 08-24-2005, 12:22 AM
hypermaniac

Thanks for the advice!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Josh222

it will run cooler so you will go and lean it out and have it running at 260F lets say but it would be normaly doing 350F as an example, see what i am trying to get at? i think it might be good for racing but it won't last as long
Old 08-24-2005, 11:50 AM
D-Nicest

The Nocer racing heads are great. and the make on that fit all novarossi 12's. A couple weeks ago I was at a club race with my Top s5 and when it was runnig with the power and speed that I liked it was running at around 280 290 degrees. and once I let go of the throttle the car would cut off. finally I decided that I would get a nocer head for my next race, when I tuned it so that it was running the way it was running last weekit was only a 240. these headsare great. All you have to do is take the button out from your engine head and switch it to the new one. these heads are also lighter stronger and bigger than the stock ones. the make your 12 look like a 21 size.