Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Stupid tuned pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 05:54 PM
TunedFlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid tuned pipe question

O.K. this will sound dumb but I knew what I was doing but I guess i didn't think fully. I bored out my exhaust stinger on my Mega R1 pipe from OFNA this give me some good top end but I've lost some, well a good amount of torque. I was wondering if its possible to fill the stinger with epoxy and drill it out to regain torque. The stinger is already off the pipe, I had to kick it off cause it cracked during a crash.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:00 PM
gogita502
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Stupid tuned pipe question

why why and what? well i bent my stinger in and all i did was stick a metal stick in there and pull it back out, put some like cement stuff on there and done
Old 09-15-2005, 08:11 PM
TunedFlow

The stinger was already bent in. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it but this caused a crack. I tried the contact cement but oil leaked through it. Then while racing on a ball court I crashed the stinger came off even more and the batteries got knocked loose so I needed to shut down quickly. Being my engine is much more valuable than my banged up pipe I kicked off the stinger so I could choke the engine and turn it off. Didn't want to push my finger on the filter and pulling the fuel line would take too long.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Jea3

Yes you could fill the stinger in, and re-drill it. You will add weight to it though. What kind of car again? CVEC makes new pipes where the stinger could be replaced, if you broke one. It would take a real hard crash to bend a CVEC stinger though, since it is made of solid peice of aluminum, machined down on a CNC lathe.

cvec-racing.com
Old 09-16-2005, 04:16 PM
TunedFlow

It's a CD3 Pro kit
Old 09-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Jea3

we do have a pipe for that car, but it does not include a header. We've had issues getting the right hand side headers at the moment.

visit our website, cvec-racing.com

Thanks