Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

looking fro a 1/10 nitro for racing

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

looking fro a 1/10 nitro for racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
nitrobhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking fro a 1/10 nitro for racing

Hey guys looking to start up on road racing for a new challenge??? I am not new to nitro i already have 2 buggies a savage ss and a mammoth but i am looking for a really good 1/10 sale racer, so all input would be helpfull, from R-40 to mugen to serpents ??? helpis needed guys, i like the r_40 rolling chass but according to my lhs they are discon so wot other reace breeds are there????
Old 09-26-2005, 04:01 PM
stanmart

Default RE: looking fro a 1/10 nitro for racing

ORIGINAL: nitrobhoy

Hey guys looking to start up on road racing for a new challenge??? I am not new to nitro i already have 2 buggies a savage ss and a mammoth but i am looking for a really good 1/10 sale racer, so all input would be helpfull, from R-40 to mugen to serpents ??? helpis needed guys, i like the r_40 rolling chass but according to my lhs they are discon so wot other reace breeds are there????
R40 Discontinued? I dont think thats right.

R40 is a nice car. I have one and its quick. Need to learn how to set it up properly though. Still learning. Been off roading alot.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:07 PM
SqueedilySpooch

r40 is definatly not discontinued....

As for the cars u mentioned all of them have the same adjustabilty and all drive good if set up properly. The serpent and mugen will be more expensive but will offer some nice performance features in return.

Does u lhs support any of those?

I'll post more info later.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

r40 definitley nice, although if you have the money id get a V-ONE RRR (kyosho)
Old 09-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Piero23

if you want to race its either mugen or serpent i prefer mugen
i dont like the kyosho
Old 09-26-2005, 09:26 PM
zxknight

i like the tc3 it's a great car for racing
Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 PM
forestroke

i love the kyosho. the V-One RRR is my favorite. in fact, all serious racers choose this over any mugens or serpents. we don't even consider others. if you want a car that's going to win straight from the box, get the RRR World Champion Edition with a protoform mazda 6, stratus or nemises body. it will be jaw dropping. get some high speed, high torque servos and a novarossi race engine and you'd be the fastest touring car on the track...being the fastest AROUND the track will depend on your skills!

but i wouldn't run this car on the sidewalk or in a parking lot. i'd run it only on the track. if you want to run it on unkept surfaces, i'd suggest a shaft driven car.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:09 PM
forestroke

sorry i didn't mean ALL serious racers. i mean all serious racers around where i race.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:37 PM
xkwizt

well depending on what you want to spend on a 1/10 i would recommend these:

NTC3 Factory Kit $335 <-- excellent all rounder, one down side to using this chassis is that the fuken air filter is always behind the engine head unless you get a longer tube and hook it round to the side or front. other than that this is one of the best cars

R40 <-- this is one kick ass car like the NTC3 great all rounder, BUT the filter lies on the side and is more balanced than the TC3 BUT the gears are on the side near the wheel which to me is risky business coz rocks can easily get caught up in it BUT since ur going to race and i assume profesionaly this is one car u cannot go past.

Serpent 710 <-- duno much about this but from what ive heard its a pretty good car and very light and handles extremely well.

Me personnaly i would go for the NTC3 because it is shaft driven and will accelerate extremely fast and with the right tuning and tyres you will surely win, some ppl like more top end but most circuits wont allow u to use that top end so accelerating out of corners at blazing fast speeds is the key to winning but keep in mind that if there are long straights where ppl can catch up to u then u will need some extra top end. but like many have said, to many factors its all upto you and what you feel is better for u and the type of track ur racing on.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:57 PM
nitrobhoy

Thanx guys thats helps a lot, so shaft driven cars are better @ accelerating than belt driven. and i think am leaning towards the r40 but ill have to outsource it from another hobby shop, but the NTC3 sounds alright too ill have to put some research into this, agin thanx guys and anymore help would be great...
Old 09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
stanmart

ORIGINAL: nitrobhoy

Thanx guys thats helps a lot, so shaft driven cars are better @ accelerating than belt driven. and i think am leaning towards the r40 but ill have to outsource it from another hobby shop, but the NTC3 sounds alright too ill have to put some research into this, agin thanx guys and anymore help would be great...
I got my R40 running so good right now. The RB V.12 gives it insane speed. Its a rocket. Im racing this weekend.

I didnt have much luck last time being it was my first race. This time will be a different story. The engine is tuned, New nitro shoe tires, Radio is adjusted very nice, I adjusted the suspension and camber. Very sharp cornering response.

The way this car is handling i dont see how i cant at least get top 3. Cant wait to lay waste to a few TC3s.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:35 AM
popadel

Do a search for Cyclone pro. I have a couple of them.
These are 2 speed shaft driven and very well balanced out. Interchangeble parts with many other cars like HPI and others.

Comese std with a 15 motor but put a good 18 in and you have a handfull.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:55 AM
forestroke

well one important questions is. what do you want to do with it? if you're going racing my advice is go to the track and see what people are running and what kind of spares the lhs is carrying. i would say that 30% of cars need to replace parts after a weekend race so you might as well get something that everyone has. running a car that no one knows or has spares to is going to be a lonely racing season!

i don't really think acceleration is better on shaft driven cars. but that's going to spurn a totally different topic of discussion.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Jea3

Mugen MTX3 ProSpec, or wait for a few more weeks, and get the BRAND NEW Mugen MTX4 coming out. Around here, I love laying it down on the Kyosho band wagon. If you haven't raced before, get what ever car you LHS carries. R40 is a good car, but it does break easier than the Mugen. I'm not sure on the V-one-RRR, but I see them fall out of the long races too, on the smaller tracks.

Good luck
Old 09-28-2005, 11:14 AM
stanmart

ORIGINAL: forestroke

well one important questions is. what do you want to do with it? if you're going racing my advice is go to the track and see what people are running and what kind of spares the lhs is carrying. i would say that 30% of cars need to replace parts after a weekend race so you might as well get something that everyone has. running a car that no one knows or has spares to is going to be a lonely racing season!

i don't really think acceleration is better on shaft driven cars. but that's going to spurn a totally different topic of discussion.
Yep this is my main problem with my R40. Im really the only one running one so i have to order parts from tower hobbies.

I got spare stuff but it would kind of suck if i broke something and they didnt have it. Most guys are running Mugens and Serpents. Lots of TC3s too.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:06 PM
SqueedilySpooch

Kyosho fans are just on the bandwagon(sliced bread...ha)...I would stick with either mugen or serpent cars. Mugen has some of the best team drivers around even prior kyosho drivers switched(hows that!). Serpent has a loong history of racing under their belt so that would give them the experince. Now i am sure that if we all drove like Hara we'd have a hell of an r40 ...I think i am comparable to his skill....lol When i look at my r40 its resembles a serpent closely....odd.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:22 PM
forestroke

ORIGINAL: SqueedilySpooch
Kyosho fans are just on the bandwagon(sliced bread...ha)...I would stick with either mugen or serpent cars. Mugen has some of the best team drivers around even prior kyosho drivers switched(hows that!). Serpent has a loong history of racing under their belt so that would give them the experince. Now i am sure that if we all drove like Hara we'd have a hell of an r40 ...I think i am comparable to his skill....lol When i look at my r40 its resembles a serpent closely....odd.
actually, from what i hear, few people run RRR's in the states. that's hardly the band wagon! i considered MTX3 and Serpent 710 but settled on the kyosho RRR WC edition. i'm sure if you bought the best version and hopped it up with all the essential racing parts, the cars will all be on par with each other.

as for switching from kyosho to mugen - you think sponsorship MONEY had anything to do with that? schumacher moved to ferrari when they hadn't won in a hundred years. if you're a professional, you follow the money.

love my RRR and my serpent 950