Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

kyosho inferno gt ready sey

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:11 PM
BILL9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho inferno gt ready sey

Does anyone have any experience with the Kyosho Inferno GT ready set? I saw the it this months rca mag.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:41 PM
SupraTT

Default RE: kyosho inferno gt ready sey

yes....yes i do
Old 05-02-2006, 07:30 AM
BILL9

Does the car preform as well as you expected? I bought a inferno 7.5 rtr buggy some time ago and was not very impressed with the preformance of the rtr version. Is it a difficult to adjust the shift points , or have you felt the need to do that....thanks for the reply.....Bill
Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 AM
SupraTT

It's crazy fast on the road and burns the tires off. The stockers will last 3 days before your running on rims. You will definetly need a new set of rims and tires right out of the box. As far as the top end goes it's not the craziest i've seen, but thats due to the low low gearing.
I will be playing with some taller gears to get this big bodied car over 50mph. As far as the 2 speed goes, it's real easy to adjust and all the instrustions are included.
My R/C car buddies love the cars performance and it shure is a crowd pleaser with the super realistic body.
Good luck. You can't go wrong with this car.

PHILSTER is another GT owner who has more experience with the car.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Philster

I love the car. For a RTR, the engine is sweet. Shift points are as easily adjustable as they are on Monster Trucks. Most people report the shift point is a little early. Basically, you need 5-10 mins to take an allen wrench and make a quarter turn to a screw to delay the shift.

The car is huge compared to 1/10. It is more like 1/7 or 1/6 scale with the body. It gets looks.

I am currenty running Ofna hard compound foams, which really make it feel more glued down.

I love not worrying about stones, dips, ruts and such. It is a buggy with shorter, stiffer shocks.

For tires and wheels, you are hanging with the 1/8 buggy crowd (17mm hex on the wheels). Ofna is like buggy central, so I head over to their site and look at the 1/8 buggy wheels and tires, copy the part number and find them at Tower or at my LHS. You can get Medial Pros from GS Racing, too. Ofna has slicks, gatorbacks and various foams. Spikes and nubs are too big for the body's wheel cut outs, but you could trim a little and run them.

If you saw a RTR .21 powered buggy, that is not a straight up comparison to a .28 powered car with a 2-speed.

I run Trinity MHP 20% with an OS 8 plug and she runs fine. Brakes are good. Servos are good for a RTR.

Clutch bells with more teeth and dual brakes are just basic options, among others.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Philster

Oh, I wanted to make a specific note on something: Radio Control Car Action was dead wrong on some things, because they didn't read the manual:

1. You do NOT have to take the trans out and you do not have to take the trans apart to adjust the shift point.
You adjust it by sliding a gear forward, and tightening or loosening a screw. That's it.

I forget what else they botched, but I think two of their errors were so bad that they'd need to print corrections in a future edition.

Oh, yeah, they *****ed and moaned twice that the idle screw is a different type of screw than the high speed and low speed screws, requiring you to carry two screw drivers. First, if this is true, is it worth listing this as a 'miss'? Second, I just made a tiny idle adjustment yesterday with the same trusty old screw driver I use on all my vehicles. The idle screw is a phillips head, but one slot accepts a flat head screw driver anyway.

I am not a fan of RC Car Action. They think their ***** doesn't stink.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:02 AM
BILL9

Thank you for your time and responce...the car sounds like a keeper....thanks
Old 05-02-2006, 10:07 AM
BILL9

Thanks for the responce and the information. I've seen the car at my lhs and it is big. One Lhs sets up a track in there strip mall parkling lot twice a month(pretty rough surface), and this car sounds like it might be the ticket....Thanks.......Bill
Old 05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
SupraTT

These are the new tires I just picked up....They are a bit taller and fill out the wheel well nicely
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69582.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	454595  
Old 05-02-2006, 12:28 PM
BILL9

Very nice...looks good....What no snow on the ground?
Old 05-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Philster

SupraTT, what tires did you go with?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 PM
SupraTT

Ofna# 86505....They came as a set pre-glued. They are alot better than the stockers
Old 05-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Blues.man5
My Feedback: (5)

I have an OFNA GTP( same type of thing ), runs a Force .25 with 2 speed, I run both the foams and the OFNA belted slicks. Love this car!!! Larger than other 1/8 scale. Have to learn lots about suspention. Beast!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:13 PM
SupraTT

Ya ^^^^^ me too.....I need to set up the suspension properly aswell.....my rear-end whips around sooooo fast if I hit the gas on corners...this is my first on-road car so it's a day to day experiment. Im gonna start playing with the toe-in and such.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:34 PM
wallboy

how well does the GT handle jumping?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Philster

I wouldn't tinker with toe in yet. I'd try the camber first. Add a little negative camber to the rears. Negative camber is when the tops of the tires lean in towards the body.

When the car corners, the cornering action actually puts more rear rubber on the road (when set with negative camber) as the car rolls over to that side, getting more rear tire to contact the ground, while simultaneously the front tires (set up with positive or nuetral camber) roll over onto their sides somewhat, giving up some contact area when cornering. Through a turn, you have given the rears a little more advantage than they'd have otherwise.

Ultimately, you might not be able to overcome an 'oversteer' condition completely, but you can fight it. Oversteer is when the tail comes out first -- Usually a product of vehicle weight balance, power transfer and suspension/chassis design. For example, tail- heavy rear-wheel drive cars like a Porsche 911 can mimimize the oversteer and make it usable, but it is unlikely, even with a lot of rear negative camber, that it will ever be nuetral or understeer.

If you can add beefier rear tires, that would help, too. Cars prone to tail-out driving benefit from negative rear camber (possibly in conjunction with positive front camber) and oversized rear tires.

Toe in: This might affect the responsiveness and or tracking of the car (ability to respond to input and/or maintain a given path over bumpy or rutted surfaces). Toe in would be more forgiving, but less responsive. Toe out would be more responsive, but more prone to upset from bumps and ruts. Even off raod vehicles use some degree of toe out.

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2006, 02:04 PM
SupraTT

Philster comes through again......I will give it a shot.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:57 AM
wallboy

i have a few questions, this thing is making me rethink buying a revo. how do they handle jumping? are the bodies hard to get when you need a new one? whats the max ground clearance on the GT and can i slap some buggy shocks on there for more? thanks a ton in advance
Old 05-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Philster

Jumping: No.

Bodies: Painted = $120 (U.S. Dollars). Clear = $50-60

Bodies can be ordered from Kyosho direct or from dealer. No one stocks them.

Buggy shocks: You could, if you get the buggy towers (from the 7.5 buggy) You could buy a buggy though.

Groud clearance: 1/2 inch to maybe 3/4" max.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:33 AM
wallboy

it cant take jumps? its a buggy fo jeebas sake. well if i bought a buggy it wouldnt come with the car body, i like the realism of the car and the 1/8 size should make it be able to handle better off road than i 1/10 thanks for the info philster
Old 05-04-2006, 04:35 PM
BILL9

Philster,
Is there an factory or aftermarket swap for the pull start?....I like pulling a trigger better than a rope. How long have you had the inferno GT?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:59 PM
wallboy

next week im ordering me up one of these,My LHS is way over priced on RTRs so im gonna have to order it online, but in the mean time im gonna head over there and pick up some wheels and moab tires they look perfect for on/off road
Old 05-05-2006, 12:19 AM
meda2ni

Does anyone have video running theirs???
Also where is the cheapest and dependable online store to order the gt from?
Old 05-05-2006, 03:27 AM
nickt916

video would be great, i never seen one run
Old 05-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Philster

I was always a big pull start guy, but my Mayhem has taught me to love the shaft start. The back of the Kysoho GXR28 doesn't look like it will accept a shaft start backplate. I am going to bring it into HobbyTown (where I bought it) and see if they have any Tiger Drives that will fit. They are usually nice enough to tinker with stuff like that. If anything, they could tell by looking at the back with the pull starter off that hopefully it is a rather univeral set up and we can find a Tiger Drive.

Jumps: Guys, understand that you are trying to have it all. Even real cars dont' have it all. In other words, you can't have a Monster Truck, a Buggy and a Touring/Rally Game car all in one. Something on the suspension has to be 'purpose built'. Rally game cars, like the Inferno, devour asphalt, packed dirt, grass, gravel and almost any street and parking lot condition: that is Rally Game.

It has shorter shocks and towers than a buggy. Purpose: Better on-road handling than a buggy.

A buggy has more shock travel and taller towers. Purpose: To handle off road conditions primarily.

Videos: None to be found.

My HobbyTown gets dealer/street prices on my Inferno GT stuff. A 10 dollar part direct from KyoshoAmerica is like 6 at Hobbytown.

Just google, "Kyosho Inferno" or "Kyosho Inferno GT" and you will find dealers.

You can order parts and parts bags direct from KyoshoAmerica (not full kits or cars). See website. Lists dealers, too.

The most fun I have had was on a gravelly road that was next to some nice worn grass. Plenty of power to get through the grass, and all bumps.

Jumps are OUT. No questions. Look up "rally game" to understand what rally games means (see race pics, videos, etc). Inferno GT is 'rally game'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.