Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

6 Gear + 4 Gear or NTC3 Differential

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

6 Gear + 4 Gear or NTC3 Differential

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 04:45 PM
TunedFlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 Gear + 4 Gear or NTC3 Differential

I currently have an Ofna CD3 pro kit which came with a 6 gear diff in the rear and a one way in the front. The one way is really annoying especially becasue I race short tracks and any hard or even like braking causes my car to spin out. I'm planning on buying a NTC3 diff from a friend to replace the one way but my other friend had mentioned the difference in final drive ratios. I was wondering if the difference would be significant enough to effect the car's performance or reliability.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Josh222

Default RE: 6 Gear + 4 Gear or NTC3 Differential

the ntc3 uses ball diffs, planetery diffs are much more durable but are a little harder to tune. I would go with the 6 gear diff and put some oil in it
Old 06-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Suprachrgd82

Default RE: 6 Gear + 4 Gear or NTC3 Differential

Any difference in diff gearing wil make your car handle very poorly. Front and rear tires will spin at different speeds and traction will be horrible.

For your car, if you wanna leave the one-way in, high traction rear tires may help some.

Just a suggestion.....from what I've found for touring cars, a front spool and loose rear diff handle well for throttling thru corners.

Of course it depends on your driving style, but your set up is common for some racers. It's really best to evaluate your style, then choose diff, spool, or one-way.