Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Little help w/NTC3....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 02:46 PM
GT_AUTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help w/NTC3....

Just got a used NTC3 looks pretty good, only thing is that spur gears are a bit worn, is there a number that it should be reached in teeth, what is the difference in color as to wich spur gear to use... 48t, 52t 50t ??? I'm a little confused....
Old 09-01-2006, 03:12 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Little help w/NTC3....

Bit difficult to understand what you're asking. Less teeth on the spur = faster acceleration, lower top speed. More teeth and you get the opposite. Not sure what the colour has to do with anything [sm=confused.gif]

If you search for an ntc3 manual it should tell you which spur gear (no. of teeth) comes as standard - that would be a good place to start
Old 09-01-2006, 03:56 PM
GT_AUTO

Yeah, I was talking about the gears that are on the engine shaft, you know, green, purple, black... but I got it now, thanks, by the way could you tell me the benifit of having a one way diff assembly and does it have to be in the front diff, or could it be in the back?? thanks.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:13 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never used one myself, but 1-ways are generally used to give more on-power steering. They are only ever used in the front diff, in the rear they probably wouldn't give you ANY steering... Mostly used for high-traction surfaces when racing i think. They'll also remove 2 braking wheels, so stopping becomes a bit more difficult....

Quite honestly, if you're just driving around for fun save your money...
Old 09-02-2006, 02:12 AM
swerv512

dont go one-way front diff unless you're serious about racing. it's really not fun NOT HAVING BREAKS when bashing. trust me.
another added benefit of running a front one-way diff is that it allows a much more aggressive turn-in, as you dont have a diff up front regulating how much power goes to either wheel.