Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Nitro Problem - Flameout

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Turbine_au

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Problem - Flameout

I've got a flameout problem. It will only happen after I have used about 2/3 to 3/4 of a tank. I'm wondering whether this is more of a temperature issue or a fuel pickup issue. I have a GPX-4 with the Hyper 12. It seemed to be the worst in a tight right hand hairpin, right after you come out of a left hand sweeper. I'll post a pic of the track when I can to show you what I mean.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:12 AM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro Problem - Flameout

flaming out is a telltale sign or running too lean, period, just richen it up a little bit and your problem should go away, when your tank gets that low, the engine leans itself out
Old 09-19-2006, 09:57 AM
swerv512

glad to see someone else running the hyper gpx4. i got the pro kit and i use the picco .12 roar engine. its a sweet handling car. i beat other "top tier" brand cars day in and out at the track...
anyways richen up the needles a little at a time and see if it still flames out. get a temp gauge or use an alternate method (spit or water) to judge engine temp. if its too hot, the hyper .12 i had ran at about 240-250 all day long, richen it up.
does your tank have internal baffles to keep the fuel is a steady position? if not that could be your problem, but only at low fuel levels.
fill up sooner and you shouldnt have any problems. good luck with the car.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:34 AM
Turbine_au

Yeah, I'm going to try richening it up a little more and see how it goes. Problem is I gave my girlfriend a drive (she didn't want to so it's my fault) and first corner, smash. New bumper, pivot ball and upper brace. So it's in pieces at the moment. [] But will be back by Friday [>:]
Old 09-20-2006, 07:03 AM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rule#1. never let anyone else drive ti but someone who is qualified, i learned this the hard way with a bent chassis, or if you decide to let them, turn the throttle down to about 30% at most
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Turbine_au

Yeah, I know... I know....

Doesn't matter now, everything is back together and I'll be practicing at the track tomorrow morning.

And next time she drives a nitro car, it'll be my buggy on the dirt. That thing is unbreakable!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:08 PM
swerv512

ORIGINAL: Turbine_au

And next time she drives a nitro car, it'll be my buggy on the dirt. That thing is unbreakable!

a lesson well learned. i only let my girlfirend drive mt truggy in the baseball field where there's nothing to hit.