RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Noob with an NTC3

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 PM
pilott34

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noob with an NTC3

Just bought my first car...the NTC3.

I have the engine pretty well dialed in, starts easily. My problem now is that when I accelerate past half throttle, the car ends up sideways. It seems the back end is sliding to the right as the car accelerates. Ive downloaded the tech manual from AE and Ive found all the various adjustments. Just by reading the manual, it seems there are so many possibilities that might fix the problem. Just wondering if anyone has any tips to get this thing accelerating straight. It rolls good at slow speeds...

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
h8eternal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noob with an NTC3

maybe the steering servo is weak or the steering assembly is weak
i here that a good solution is a high torque servo for the front.
i think it spins because of the amount of power produced from the engine and the servo isnt strong enough to handle
Old 11-30-2006, 01:56 PM
72smith

RC cars are alot like real cars, in if the have to suspension set to hard or to soft it will cause to car to act in way you would not think it should. My suggestion would be play with the suspension setting and see if that help with the oversteer problem.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
fire_racer17

You should check the folling: if there is any chance that on spring is set tighter than the other, if your stearing trim is set were it shouldn't be, if on wheel is bent or isn't on quite right or the if the axel has moved or the tires might just be to slippery.

Fire_Racer17 [8D]
Old 03-01-2008, 02:18 AM
Avalanche1530

cheak the tow in-out , the camber angles and make sure the rear springs are ajusted the same and the front a adjusted the same